Miami - L
Pittsburgh - W
Georgia Southern - W
Duke - W
UNC - L
VT - L
UVA - W
UGA - W

That puts us at 8-4...would this be unacceptable?

...look at it for a minute and really think about how all those remaining teams have played. The scenario above is really not that hard to imagine. There are several other scenarios where we end up at 8-4, but I really think there are four toss up games the rest of the way (Pitt, UNC, VT, Georgia). 6-6 if we lose them all, 10-2 if we win them all...split and we're 8-4.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I just don't want us to beat ourselves. The record doesn't concern me as much as how we play. Obviously the more wins the better for the team, but for me I want to make the other team beat us instead of beating ourselves.

With that said we have some games coming up that we should win. VT looks legit, the rest (including UNC) are pretenders IMO. UGA and UNC have the talent to be good, but aren't playing at a high level.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Not great, but good. Were it a guaranteed thing, I'd take it. That said, there's a long season ahead, and if we can fix the blocking, all the games remaining are winnable.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Boston College - W
Mercer - W
Vanderbilt - W
Clemson - L
Miami - L
Pittsburgh - W
Georgia Southern - W
Duke - W
UNC - L
VT - L
UVA - W
UGA - W

...look at it for a minute and really think about how all those remaining teams have played. The scenario above is really not that hard to imagine. There are several other scenarios where we end up at 8-4, but I really think there are four toss up games the rest of the way (Pitt, UNC, VT, Georgia). 6-6 if we lose them all, 10-2 if we win them all...split and we're 8-4.
If GT doesn't step it up i think 6-6 happens and CPJ is on a very hot Hotseat

Pittsburgh L
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
North Carolina L
Virginia Tech L
UVA W
Georgia L

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Your guesses line up with mine for the most part. One wild card is how will be play on the road? It seemed to me we played noticably worse on the road last year. Slower, more tentative, less fire. If we can play up to our capability on the road, we might steal one more win from VT or UNC. If we can't, we might lose at Pitt and all of the others.

I'd like to think we are simply better than Virginia, Duke, and Southern and will get those wins. But we have a long history of playing lackluster if we think we are the better team. We could beat Pitt, UNC, and VT and lose to say, Duke. And yes, I would take 8-4 as of now, if it includes a win over Georgia.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I think it depends on what fans expect / want our program to be. 8-4 is acceptable if we go and win a bowl and beat UGA. However I really do think we can do better and should expect to. I know people don't like to continue to talk about 2009 and 2014, but to me that proved that CPJ is a top 10 coach and his system can work. After those seasons, I know we can do better than 3-9 or even 8-4, we can finish top 10, beat uga and win a bowl with this coach. If we continue to have mediocre seasons with CPJ then something isn't working anymore.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We should go 3-0 the next three. SHOULD. not could. Should. Imo we need to be and are better than those three teams. If not paul is a goner i think.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
According to the recent AP poll, it looks like we've got two quality losses to top 10 teams. Come on, AP, rank us! On a serious note, if we go 8-4 this season and it's Miami and Clemson in the ACCCG, then I don't know a lot of people who should be too upset with our record. I'd certainly be happy with that record and a win over uga.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Boston College - W
Mercer - W
Vanderbilt - W
Clemson - L
Miami - L
Pittsburgh - W
Georgia Southern - W
Duke - W
UNC - L
VT - L
UVA - W
UGA - W

Right now I would take that in a heart beat. I fear it will be more like 4-8.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
8 wins with uga would be acceptable. Would hopefully also give plenty of experience to our backup qbs to build off of for next year. How many starters are we losing? JT, Freddy, ?

I want to see improvement on the way to these 8 wins and then a better record next year.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Boston College - W
Mercer - W
Vanderbilt - W
Clemson - L
Miami - L
Pittsburgh - W
Georgia Southern - W
Duke - W
UNC - L
VT - L
UVA - W
UGA - W

Unacceptable? 8-4 is probably the best this team can do. I think we will be looking at .500 or 7-5 as more likely scenarios. This is not a very good team especially on defense. On the other hand, we are at 3-2 and frankly, this is not a schedule that is that overloaded with great teams. Could happen but I doubt it.