What if CPJ had Bama or Climpsuns players...?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Clemson doesn't routinely play near that many. In a beatdown, yes because Swinney is getting his bench all the playing time he can. (Against Miami he used 71 players and was three deep at QB in the fourth quarter.) But routinely it is rotation of 3-4, but they are outstanding receivers with sprint speed. I take your comment that our guys don't need rest as a sardonic criticism of our passing. Because to suggest our guys don't run down the field on ever play and, most importantly, don't engage to block on every play, is kind of nutty. Clemson's guys block too, and if you have ever done it you know you'd rather run free down the field than get into hand to hand combat with mean buys on defense.
As you say they fight like heck blocking they probably do get tired. Just not tired enough for them to rotate out. After brad dropped a few 80 got to play some. I saw him catch one pass this year. Well with Ricky j leaving at least 80 provides us w some depth. Maybe he will suddenly be come so good no one else will need to play.
Sorry being tacky.
Let's hope we build some rotation at w r as well as other positions .

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As you say they fight like heck blocking they probably do get tired. Just not tired enough for them to rotate out. After brad dropped a few 80 got to play some. I saw him catch one pass this year. Well with Ricky j leaving at least 80 provides us w some depth. Maybe he will suddenly be come so good no one else will need to play.
Sorry being tacky.
Let's hope we build some rotation at w r as well as other positions .
Not a problem. Incidentally I checked the Clemson depth chart for the Alabama game, and they list a total of nine wide receivers. So yes, in a blowout they might play them all. There are about 4-5 names you might recognize as playing though.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Why is Tech signing less in a given year? Seriously? You do know the maximum amount of scholarships is 85? and some are 2* projects like Clinton Lynch
The reason probably is simple. Tech has fewer to offer. Meaning fewer GT players quit or flunked out and lost their scholarships. Every coach holds one or two back for walk-on grants as a reward, and maybe one for a late commit. Otherwise Tech is issuing them all. Solution is to stop that nonsense of keeping an injured player on scholarship though he will never pay again. If that is the program you want.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The reason probably is simple. Tech has fewer to offer. Meaning fewer GT players quit or flunked out and lost their scholarships. Every coach holds one or two back for walk-on grants as a reward, and maybe one for a late commit. Otherwise Tech is issuing them all. Solution is to stop that nonsense of keeping an injured player on scholarship though he will never pay again. If that is the program you want.

Oh I'm well aware of the reason(s). I was pointing out to the poster that 85 is the maximum scholly limit.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We can’t be one dimensional, gotta have a decent defense and need some luck too. But that’s with every team in America. 2014 we could’ve easily made the playoffs but we had no defense and still had a good shot if we could’ve beat one of unc/Duke and won the Acccg. The big factory’s are almost always gonna have 2/3 for making the playoffs. We’re lucky to have 1/3 any given year.

Hypothetical that will never happen, but yes, in my mind, he wins the NC and he wins easily.

What makes you think our defense would be any better? If we continued to play soft coverage and not blitz, we'd still lose a few every year regardless of athlete quality. Plus, God help us if it rains - the mighty TO is completely shut down by a little bit of moisture on the field, apparently.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
What makes you think our defense would be any better? If we continued to play soft coverage and not blitz, we'd still lose a few every year regardless of athlete quality. Plus, God help us if it rains - the mighty TO is completely shut down by a little bit of moisture on the field, apparently.

If we had Bammer's or Clem's Son's D line talent, we would win.