What do you think

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Since Tech is now America's team because FSU is so hated. If Tech wins with a comfortable margin. Will the fact that everybody is pulling for us to win have any influence on the committee to include us if things fall our way with the loss of other teams such as Baylor, Ohio State etc. What do you think? Or will we be just an after thought.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The whole America's Team thing is anti FSU, anti ACC, imo. I think the anti ACC bias may dominate when GT wins.

However, I think GT is a better conf champ than Wisconsin. So, it may come down to how much conf chmp matters.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We lost to Fluke therefore won't get in the top 4. Top 8 yes, top 4 no. Q.E.D.

There's no need imo to say QED in support of your opinion, with which I have sympathy. Saying QED is kind of disrespectful when thoughtful args have been made on the other side.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe there is only one plausible scenario that gets us in the CFP

1 Alabama over 16 Mizzou (irrelevant)
2 Oregon over 7 Arizona (jump)
3 TCU over Iowa State
11 TECH over 4 FSU (jump)

13 Wisconsin (maintain lead) over 5 Ohio State (jump)
9 Kansas State over 6 Baylor (jump)

Even if all the games go our way we are on the borderline, the committee would then have decide to put us in at 4 and KState out at 5 because TCU is already in from the Big 12. Should TCU somehow lose our odds would improve quite a bit.

The final CFP rankings would have to look like:
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Georgia Tech
5. Kansas State
6. Michigan State
7. Mississippi State
8. FSU
9. Wisconsin
10. OSU
11. Baylor
12. Arizona
13. Mississippi State
14. Georgia

and that is going to require a miracle. So, only worry about one thing:

TO HELL WITH F$U.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There's no need imo to say QED in support of your opinion, with which I have sympathy. Saying QED is kind of disrespectful when thoughtful args have been made on the other side.

The Q.E.D. was T.I.C. because I really didn't provide a logical train of argument.

I don't think we get to top four because of our loss to Fluke @ home and a 6-6 UNC team. Assuming the top 3 teams win, and K State beats Baylor, K State gets the fourth spot since they are ranked higher than we currently are ranked. Baylor is not ranked that much lower at 6th than FSU at 4th. So the K State win would be a "quality" win too. K State has lost to Auburn and @TCU. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_29.html Those are much better "quality" losses than ours.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As long as every team in the final bracket is a conference champ, I will be at peace, whether TECH is in or out. There are plenty of good arguments to keep us out as #5 out of 5. It is hard to argue when we had the fate of our season (unknown at the time) under our control after Smelter scored on the reverse at UNC. In any case, my focus, as stated other places, is just to win tonight, period. I want the ACC title for its own sake. Once secured, I will then await the selection show with anticipation.

Man, it is going to be a long wait until 8pm.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
As long as every team in the final bracket is a conference champ, I will be at peace, whether TECH is in or out. There are plenty of good arguments to keep us out as #5 out of 5. It is hard to argue when we had the fate of our season (unknown at the time) under our control after Smelter scored on the reverse at UNC. In any case, my focus, as stated other places, is just to win tonight, period. I want the ACC title for its own sake. Once secured, I will then await the selection show with anticipation.

Man, it is going to be a long wait until 8pm.
We take care of business. Can't control the thoughts and minds of the selection committee. But I feel we are going to the playoffs.