What do y'all think the total points scored in the GT-Louisville game will be?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Depends on what defense shows up. If we continue to let slot WRs cross our face and continue to get in the wrong gap expect USF type game from a trash Louisville team
Hoping Askew is back starting this week. Also really hoping we stop over pursuing. Probably the most frustrating thing I’ve seen. We should have way more negative or no yard plays imo.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
65 points is a lot of points even in today's arcade like college football but I actually think it will be more. Louisville is a poor tackling team and Tech is vulnerable to slants and posts over the middle. It is going to be a track meet that favors the team who can come up with at least one second half stop. 70 plus points is my guess. Amazingly Tech is a 3 point road favorite. What is the world coming to? I am predicting Louisville high flying pass offense to win a close high scoring game but it could just as easily be a Tech blowout. Friday night game, Tech road game, Bobby Petrino, equals a bad moon rising for someone.

I want to make clear that the potential is there for a Tech blowout but my thinking is that a close game in the fourth quarter MIGHT favor the Cards passing game. We will see. If they tackle this week like they have been, it could get really ugly. I do not know what the Van Gorder effect will be. Could help t he Cards a little or maybe a lot. No telling in this game. It should be an interesting game for two teams that really need a win to move forward. Also, it is unknown about what the effect of losing to FSU the way they did will effect the Cards. This may be a team that is inching towards the cliff and only needs a shove in the first quarter to put them into the abyss or they could come out and play with their hair on fire.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I just checked the weather forecast for Louisville and it is saying “Thunderstorms Late”. I think I would wait 24-48 hours before placing my bets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I want to make clear that the potential is there for a Tech blowout but my thinking is that a close game in the fourth quarter MIGHT favor the Cards passing game. We will see. If they tackle this week like they have been, it could get really ugly. I do not know what the Van Gorder effect will be. Could help t he Cards a little or maybe a lot. No telling in this game. It should be an interesting game for two teams that really need a win to move forward. Also, it is unknown about what the effect of losing to FSU the way they did will effect the Cards. This may be a team that is inching towards the cliff and only needs a shove in the first quarter to put them into the abyss or they could come out and play with their hair on fire.

Reports show 73,000 attendance at the FSU game with a stadium capacity of 79,000. Was that the old tickets sold or folks actually there - I dunno. But from pictures I have seen, the fans haven't stopped showing up yet. So it will probably be one of the more hostile crowds we face (as Virginia, Duke, UNC crowds are typically sparse and tame). At some point we HAVE to win a road game. When you have 6 road games, that kind of sets a low ceiling if you're going to go 0-6.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I watched the FSU and Louisville game twice. Man, this site would be in full scale meltdown if Tech lost one like Louisville did. T hey blew a 10 point lead going into the fourth quarter, scored only 3 points after half time, dropped a wide open touchdown pass, threw an interception on a first and ten play with only three minutes to play and gave up a 50 plus or so touchdown pass in the last minutes of the game. The Cards basically handed the game to the undeserving Seminoles. One thing FSU did very well was hit quarterback Pass time and again and it made him begin to unload the ball early in the second half. I was impressed by Pass who is big, pretty fast, and has a cannon. His receivers will present major problems for us. I expect a track meet. Personally, I do not like this match up unless we can somehow get pressure on Pass. They have little running game other than Pass taking off and struggled in the red zone. We should be able to move the ball on them on the ground. Time of possession will be absolutely critical for our team and we MUST score touchdowns in the red zone. Kicking field goals against this team will get us beat.

Jmonty71

Banned
Total points by both teams.. This kind of using what I've seen this year. Sadly, GT is the wildcard in my calculation. Can't predict the turnovers... But, I am comfortable in guessing that the 2 teams will combine for 51 points. I foresee a 28-23 type score. The number of turnovers we have will determine who is 28. Nothing high scoring, nor some defensive slug-fest.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I’m not holding my breath. Any game remotely close we find a way to shoot our selves in the foot. Going on 1-1/2 years, so any game where we are less than 10 point favorites I dont see us winning until proven otherwise.