What Clemson Boards say about us

2016Cat

Georgia Tech Fan
Lifelong Clemson fan here who is NOT here to talk junk. I think this will be closer than my Tiger net folks are saying. I will be there as we enjoy coming to Grant Field. I do see us pulling away and winning something like 31-14. By the way, what is the name of that pizza place near the Varsity? Hope the Jackets get back on track after saturday and hope you beat Miami .

Deleted member 2897

Lifelong Clemson fan here who is NOT here to talk junk. I think this will be closer than my Tiger net folks are saying. I will be there as we enjoy coming to Grant Field. I do see us pulling away and winning something like 31-14. By the way, what is the name of that pizza place near the Varsity? Hope the Jackets get back on track after saturday and hope you beat Miami .

That’s funny, I was envisioning that same type of score. (We go 0-6 on FGs by the way.). :D

May the best team lose! :D

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Near the varsity, goodfellas pizza. Also near tech, antico,Atwood,ribalta.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
No other team we play on a yearly basis has done a better job defending our offense than Clemson in recent memory. It won't happen, but I've been saying it for years, Johnson needs a new game plan against Venables. He's made Johnson look foolish the last few years, and it really gives us no chance. He'll load eight or nine in the box and we'll run right into them. Gonna make it that much more difficult knowing that they won't respect our passing game either.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
No other team we play on a yearly basis has done a better job defending our offense than Clemson in recent memory. It won't happen, but I've been saying it for years, Johnson needs a new game plan against Venables. He's made Johnson look foolish the last few years, and it really gives us no chance. He'll load eight or nine in the box and we'll run right into them. Gonna make it that much more difficult knowing that they won't respect our passing game either.

IIRC, the last time they were at BDS, they held us to about 30 yards of offense in the first half. We did better last year when we visited Clemson but most of the first half yardage came on one run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
IIRC, the last time they were at BDS, they held us to about 30 yards of offense in the first half. We did better last year when we visited Clemson but most of the first half yardage came on one run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! Think we might have had one, maybe two first downs in that first half. No adjustments made at all. Just painful to watch.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What would it cost to get clemson to take Kevin Steele back as DC ?

Maybe we could go in with Kansas State or someone like them and get him out when Auburn is tired of Steele?

I will never forget watching him drill the linebackers before our game in 2014. He had guys going full speed trying to cut the lb as they had to shed the block and move to the didction he pointed. Looked like gladiator drills!

Since he came they are used to our speed

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’ll give us the home bump. Not sure if the talent is there, but I think the energy and adrenaline will be.

It should be pretty obvious by the end of the first quarter whether this is gonna be tight like the FSU game or whether we’re just too outmatched on both sides of the ball.

I still think no placekicking game will be the death of us again.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow

Nah. Think it will be worse than that unless Dabo is being merciful. Man I wish we had a real coach.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Pizza over Varsity? Sacrilege!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
New game plan: Enjoy the hell out of the nice rooms, savor every last bite of that steak and get a nice bottle of wine (or bourbon or whiskey or whatever you like to drink), take a nice slow long walk around Midtown and GT campus under the city lights and God's moonlight. Get a good night's rest before the game. Wake up early, get a nice breakfast by Piedmont Park. Take a leisurely stroll around the park with a coffee and gaze out upon Lake Clara Meer. Join @gtg391z at the Varsity and have a drink...plus 20. Drink enough to forget the game. If we win, you can watch it again on replay. If we lose, you had a great time before the game...even if you don't actually remember the game.

Remember, you can always buy things, but it's better to spend money on creating memories.
+++++ Hell Yeah !!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I think Clemson just has way too many good athletes for us to overcome and actually win the game. Our OL could not even block Pitt very well for much of the game. Our inexperienced DBs against their WRs is scary.
We will play very hard and hopefully not make dumb mistakes. Fairly close at half , say 17-10 (yes we kick a FG) and TM breaks a long run. But second half is a different story. CU stops playing vanilla on D, puts the pedal down on O and wins going away say 38-13. That's my head prediction.
My heart says Tech in a major upset 33-31 ! I can dream , can't I ??

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Pizza over Varsity? Sacrilege!
Remember, he is a clempson fan.
Seriously, this is my favorite game all year. I went to school in SC and Clemson fans are down to earth and just good sports.
Never ran into a Clemson fan that acted like your average mutt fan. Made the games so much fun to watch with them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

The last time we beat Clemson was mostly due to knocking out their starting and backup QBs and our D getting 2 pick 6s.

That's about what it will require this time also.

Well, in fairness Deshaun knocked himself out. That was the crazy game where he busted his own knee, and then later Snoddy broke his own leg. Nobody touched either one of them.