What can we expect from GSU ?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Guy whose son plays for South Alabama says GSU has two quarterbacks = passing quarterback and run option quarterback . Both are good and they played them both to find SA weakness. On option u have to definitely stay in the lanes .
Gave them fits.
Their "passing" quarterback, is also their most elusive runner out of that position. He's like a poor mans Lamar Jackson. Don't recall his name, but wears 13.

Edit: Favion Upshaw.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Their "passing" quarterback, is also their most elusive runner out of that position. He's like a poor mans Lamar Jackson. Don't recall his name, but wears 13.

Edit: Favion Upshaw.
He had a huge game against Bowling Green in the Poinsettia Bowl last season.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

Upshaw appeared to be too hurt to play vs. Ark. State. Ellison played the whole game. Both QBs are nursing injuries, and after last week's terrible loss (despite getting 5 turnovers from ASU), the team looks defeated. They still have the personnel that led the nation in rushing last year, but the new staff clearly can't put it to use to actually score points. Playcalling is atrocious. The defense, which looked good to start the year, looks bad now. They can't throw it deep, and their running game looks unimaginative.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched a little of one of their games a couple of weeks ago. They ran a play repeatedly which looked unusual to me. I only watched a few minutes, so I can't say how effective it was. They lined up in a shotgun with a back near the quarterback. A slot back started in motion and ran to a spot just behind the quarterback, and the snap was timed to arrive at the same time the motion back passed behind the quarterback. The QB had the option to hand it to the back coming by, hand it to the back already there, or keep it.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Idk if you guys have really watched them this year, but as a fan of gambling I have watched them and they are not very good from what I've seen. We should win the game in Vandy fashion.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched a little of one of their games a couple of weeks ago. They ran a play repeatedly which looked unusual to me. I only watched a few minutes, so I can't say how effective it was. They lined up in a shotgun with a back near the quarterback. A slot back started in motion and ran to a spot just behind the quarterback, and the snap was timed to arrive at the same time the motion back passed behind the quarterback. The QB had the option to hand it to the back coming by, hand it to the back already there, or keep it.
The thing holding GSU back is how porous their defense is this season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Upshaw appeared to be too hurt to play vs. Ark. State. Ellison played the whole game. Both QBs are nursing injuries, and after last week's terrible loss (despite getting 5 turnovers from ASU), the team looks defeated. They still have the personnel that led the nation in rushing last year, but the new staff clearly can't put it to use to actually score points. Playcalling is atrocious. The defense, which looked good to start the year, looks bad now. They can't throw it deep, and their running game looks unimaginative.
Thanks. Sure hope thwy play but we have a good game and kick their b

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
GT blew them out in first half 2 years ago, lost focus and blew the lead in second half. I don't see the loss in focus this time.