What can we expect from GSU ?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Are they short pass heavy or will the go for big gainers? Do they use run to pass?
Will they run an aggressive 9 men d or an assignment defense.?

Do they have a fast mlb?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Front 7 has experience and some talent but has not played particularly well last two weeks. Southern is probably throwing it better this year but aside from Ramsby's look long TD run last week was not very good running the ball. A lot of questions about their scheme/play calling and the O line. A lot of questions about whether or not they made good choice at HC

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, I worry about games that I think we can win but might not be focused. Other times I worry about games when I'm not sure how much better we are then the other guy.

This is one of those times.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Both their offensive coordinators have a pass-happy background. David Dean, a GT grad, is from the Chris Hatcher-Hal Mumme tree while Gillespee threw the ball a ton the past two years at Valdosta High. Both being in their first years at gsu they probably don't have the personnel to sling the ball around as they would like.

Remember though...this is a team which lost to a winless Ark St team a couple of weeks ago. Ark St have five turnovers in that game...and still won, for what it's worth.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Both their offensive coordinators have a pass-happy background. David Dean, a GT grad, is from the Chris Hatcher-Hal Mumme tree while Gillespee threw the ball a ton the past two years at Valdosta High. Both being in their first years at gsu they probably don't have the personnel to sling the ball around as they would like.

Remember though...this is a team which lost to a winless Ark St team a couple of weeks ago. Ark St have five turnovers in that game...and still won, for what it's worth.
Wonder if gsu s front 7 causes turnovers?
I really worry about our pass defense - deep. When clemson was passing deep their bigger fast wide receivers looked open but qb over threw ( being safe to guard big lead) . Passing over middle Miami went down field in 4 plays at a key time in the game. So this could be interesting. Hopefully they take the bait of wide open short passes , kick field goals and we score touchdowns.

Thanks for info
I am excited to see the game. I will watch the DL to see if we do any gap rush or any stunts. This would be a good game to work on that.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we lose to these guys this season is toast. Losing three games in a row is already a tough pill to swallow, but four in a row would be unacceptable and I'd really start to question what's going on with our program.

I think we're going to blow them out, honestly

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Guy whose son plays for South Alabama says GSU has two quarterbacks = passing quarterback and run option quarterback . Both are good and they played them both to find SA weakness. On option u have to definitely stay in the lanes .
Gave them fits.