What are your measures for success with the new defense?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m having a hard time imagining TM passing much better than last year, i hope i’m wrong
I think you will be very surprised. Blocking should be better for him, he had a full offseason to review film to see where he missed reads, and those reads should become easier now that he’s in his 2nd year as the starter. Add in a lot of reps with those WR’s and the fact that a good bit of those throws last year were barely missed, I think we see a noticeable improvement.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I just hope to see some mix.. Press coverage on one play, and then a cushion, the next. I think throwing different looks at the other QB, will lead to turnovers.
If we get CB recruit that can play 100% lock down coverage in their best w r , this defense will be wicked.

Based on n how positive Andy Mac has been in recent years , he/ they maybe on the team right now.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think you will be very surprised. Blocking should be better for him, he had a full offseason to review film to see where he missed reads, and those reads should become easier now that he’s in his 2nd year as the starter. Add in a lot of reps with those WR’s and the fact that a good bit of those throws last year were barely missed, I think we see a noticeable improvement.

Well, OK you convinced me with the logic of your argument. 2018 will be the year Joe Ham is resurrected on the flats directing last minute fourth quarter game winning drives that keeps even the Old Guard in the west stands on their feet. More power to him and a revitalized receiving corps. Of course, I don't really believe this but I am willing to cut the negativity and get with the program until say, the second quarter of the USF game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
My measure of success for the defense is when the mutts can no longer tell the color of their QB’s uniform and the punk *** kid’s looking thru his earhole trying to figure out which way’s the sideline.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well, OK you convinced me with the logic of your argument. 2018 will be the year Joe Ham is resurrected on the flats directing last minute fourth quarter game winning drives that keeps even the Old Guard in the west stands on their feet. More power to him and a revitalized receiving corps. Of course, I don't really believe this but I am willing to cut the negativity and get with the program until say, the second quarter of the USF game.
Hey, I said nothing about Joe, that’s all you lol.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
When the Georgia Tech Marching Band plays that F tuning thingy on 3rd down, that it really means something. Scoring a touchdown, making a long run, scoring a field goal does not get a crowd more fired up than sacking the opposing quarterback during a critical moment in a game. We haven't gotten many of these (nobody's stadium was as loud as ours on this day):
WHAT a game! I love the crowd shot of some of the Terp fans in the SE corner helping make some noise for our defense at a critical moment. [emoji1]

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
With 1 FCS, 1 Gp5 (good O last year), and 1 Pwr5 (ave O last year) in our 1st 3 games, I'd like to see us come out of those three games allowing less than 5 yds/play on average.

Good point. Add in more pressure on the QB and I'll be a happy camper. Go Jackets!

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk