What are we on offense?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think PJ would love this thread. He knows that his offense cannot be defined finitely, and he likes it that way....
I get a kick out of those who dismiss a thrashing by airily pronouncing that "They only ran six plays." Helps explain why they got mauled. Remember Kam Champion, a really good safety from VT now with Seattle? He is a player. At some press conference he said VT had solved the offense because somehow Tech was "tipping off" the play calls. On Saturday Champion looked like bumper cars. So many blockers hit him from so many angles and so many places -- not only the wideouts and A backs but the B back got in at least one lick -- that I almost felt sorry for him. Remember that exchange between batter Archie Graham and the ump in "Field of Dreams," when young Graham has almost been decapitated twice? "Hey, ump. How about a warning?" "Sure. Watch out you don't get killed." Six plays will do it.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Depends on what the defense trys to do. Some teams say," we're not gonna let them establish the dive" like Miss st. So we get outside a few times and complete a couple of passes and the next thing you know the dive is unstoppable. Then like uga thought that they would make sure we couldn't get outside and thought that they would be talented enough to stop the dive but it didn't work out that way. We pounded them up the middle but it seemed that they did a pretty good job on the edge. Play calling, be physical enough, and fast enough = great offense

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I get a kick out of those who dismiss a thrashing by airily pronouncing that "They only ran six plays." Helps explain why they got mauled. Remember Kam Champion, a really good safety from VT now with Seattle? He is a player. At some press conference he said VT had solved the offense because somehow Tech was "tipping off" the play calls. On Saturday Champion looked like bumper cars. So many blockers hit him from so many angles and so many places -- not only the wideouts and A backs but the B back got in at least one lick -- that I almost felt sorry for him. Remember that exchange between batter Archie Graham and the ump in "Field of Dreams," when young Graham has almost been decapitated twice? "Hey, ump. How about a warning?" "Sure. Watch out you don't get killed." Six plays will do it.

In some respects it's true that with the very best offenses, you know what they're going to do, but you can't stop them.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Early in the 4th q in the Ga game, we got the ball and ran it down the field. Again, again and yet again a play would go for 4, 5, 8 yards no matter what the mutts did.

As we inexorably approached the goal line, one announcer exclaimed in wonder, "Now, that's big boy football!"

I do believe that's what it is.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
6'2 230+ pound running back coming down hill behind a line that was described by a UGA announcer in the following way. "That big Tech line has our linemen on skates." Sounds pretty smash-mouth to me.
Our OL next year will most likely average about 6'4 and be over 300 pounds.

I say it every time, but that is still one of my favorite moments from last season. Hearing that was so satisfying, especially in light of where we have been with the OL seasons past. No more small linemen at GT.