Wes Durham - Top 50 Calls

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been working on this for a while, and I hope you enjoy!
The list is subjective, and we all have our own favorites. Also, I don't have audio from many games, especially the 2009 Wake game and "Ball is Loose" so I would love to make a part 2, if I can find more audio!
Brandon Gaudin Top 10 coming soon and an Al Ciraldo video if I can get more footage.
Enjoy!

This is awesome!!!

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
People say this, but I don't recall the stands being packed in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. Meanwhile they were in 2009 and 2014.

I think a more accurate statement is, "poor seasons killed a lot of our fan base"
Poor season and the triple option. Those early 2000s had great crowds

The triple option killed a lot of our fan base. It’s the harsh reality
That's BS. Losing or mediocre seasons no matter what the offense is will kill off a fan base. The fan base was dying off before Johnson arrived, and then the first few years he was there, it picked up. Then, unfortunately, those mediocre seasons sent it to the bottom again. Had we won 9 games a year from 2008 on, then BDS would have been rocking every game.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
There was a game early on in Reggie Balls career where he got in to the open field, and Wes made the call "Ball is loose" and gave everyone a coronary. I think it was a non-televised/blacked out game.
OT (game winning) play at Vanderbilt in 2005

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
The triple option killed a lot of our fan base. It’s the harsh reality
How old are you? Or maybe a better question, how long have you been a tech fan? Anyone that remembers the last few Gailey years would not say something this stupid. Gailey literally got booed during a commercial. If anything, triple option revived GT fandom. It may have run its course, but to say it killed GT football fan base just exposes your ignorance. I’ve been to a lot of games and the GT upset of VT in 2010 may have been one of the loudest games I ever attended. Attendance declined over the years, but’s that case for college football generally. Maybe the triple option killed college football??!!

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m OK with you not finding “Ball is loose”. That about stopped my heart when he yelled it out.

I did like it when he made a rubber band sound when Charlie Rodgers leapt over the line and into the end zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was listening that night also & i thought he meant fumble

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
That's BS. Losing or mediocre seasons no matter what the offense is will kill off a fan base. The fan base was dying off before Johnson arrived, and then the first few years he was there, it picked up. Then, unfortunately, those mediocre seasons sent it to the bottom again. Had we won 9 games a year from 2008 on, then BDS would have been rocking every game.
Attendence is down across the entire sport. I'm not convinced GT is an outlier here.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The game I got reminded of from this was the 2006 Miami game. Choice ran for over 100 and Reg for 95. He hurt his ankle and didn't recover for the rest of the season. Seeing the two of them run over da U like that was almost the most fun I've ever had at a Tech game.

What was the most, I hear you say? The 2011 win over #5 Clemson. I stood up in my seat and yelled at the top of my lungs, "I LOVE TO BEAT CLEMSON! I LOVE TO BEAT CLEMSON!' The Tigger fans around me - the few who were left - were not pleased. Ah, may those days return again soon!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Poor season and the triple option. Those early 2000s had great crowds
Disagree. I’ve been to every home game for the past 22 years but probably two due to stupid people getting married on Saturdays during the Fall. Stands were full in 2008 and 2009. Not so much during 2007 after the BC loss, or at all during 2002, 2003, 2004. Crowds now are the worst, but that’s because we are just plain bad.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It's not a play, but would love to see/hear his game ending call for the 2008 uga game. ...the Valley of Defeat and said, nope, not today...