Wes Durham - Top 50 Calls

Wreck Em

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been working on this for a while, and I hope you enjoy!
The list is subjective, and we all have our own favorites. Also, I don't have audio from many games, especially the 2009 Wake game and "Ball is Loose" so I would love to make a part 2, if I can find more audio!
Brandon Gaudin Top 10 coming soon and an Al Ciraldo video if I can get more footage.
Enjoy!

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
The list is subjective, and we all have our own favorites. Also, I don't have audio from many games, especially the 2009 Wake game and "Ball is Loose" so I would love to make a part 2, if I can find more audio!
Brandon Gaudin Top 10 coming soon and an Al Ciraldo video if I can get more footage.
Enjoy!

Wow!! What memories!! I was at most of those games.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m OK with you not finding “Ball is loose”. That about stopped my heart when he yelled it out.

I did like it when he made a rubber band sound when Charlie Rodgers leapt over the line and into the end zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Enjoy!

Great stuff. Thanks for putting that together!

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m OK with you not finding “Ball is loose”. That about stopped my heart when he yelled it out.

I did like it when he made a rubber band sound when Charlie Rodgers leapt over the line and into the end zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm still young what is "ball is loose"?

slugboy

Staff member
I'm still young what is "ball is loose"?
Reggie Ball was our QB in the early 2000's under Gailey. I don't remember why I could only hear the game on radio, but it might have been an away game.
Anyway, a play broke down, and Reggie took off and ran with the ball, getting past the line and dashing. Durham got excited and screamed "Ball is loose" meaning that he was running free, but all the fans listening thought there was a fumble and we were screwed.
That play turned out OK. If I could find a link, I'd post it.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Oh Charlie oh Charlie Charlie Charlie Charlie ohhhhhh Charlie.

The call is exciting and one of my favorites, but the transcript, without context, is shudder worthy.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There was a game early on in Reggie Balls career where he got in to the open field, and Wes made the call "Ball is loose" and gave everyone a coronary. I think it was a non-televised/blacked out game.
@BobintheATL99, not sure if you have the 2003 GT@Vandy game in your archives, but it was this play right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbf1BzsgpZE

Eric Henderson blocked a potential game-winning FG at the end of regulation, Ball scored on the first play of OT (see above), and then James Butler picked off Jay Cutler to win it.