Were you aware. . . .

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Defense has to play assignments against Tech.

This is really difficult, what with the "defensive anarchy" scheme, based upon observations of 11 small children playing while under the influence of sugar pills and espresso, being used so successfully in college football.

Someone should announcers of this, and soon. ;)

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
a) TaQuon Marshall began his career as an A-back?

b) Paul Johnson call the plays without a play chart?

c) Bobby Dodd Stadium is the oldest venue of all FBS fields?

:)

b) We typically hear the announcers say this every game.
c) Not sure if this is accurate. I know it's always been said that Grant Field is the oldest FBS field but that applies to just the field, not the stadium
a) Didn't know. Did not know Marshall before this season.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
c) Not sure if this is accurate. I know it's always been said that Grant Field is the oldest FBS field but that applies to just the field, not the stadium
the joke is all the announcers only seem to say these things about our team.

Grant Field is the oldest on-campus facility in the country, and part of the original stands are still under the west stands, so technically, I guess the stadium itself can be said to share the honor.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
What kills me about the announcers is that literally none of them ever have any imagination. It's the same handful of things every single week.

Riddle me these:

What offense is specifically designed for 3rd and long?

What offense does anyone play where you don't have read keys or assignments? Apparently every other offense you just go out there and "play defense".

What team is specifically designed for quick strike, come from behind late wins?

Why can't anyone pay attention and see that the offense has a lot more in common with Mike Leach's air raid than with any other offense?

Maybe they could just point out big line splits, severely complicated blocking schemes, or how any one play can be blocked in a dozen different ways because of how the AB/WR blocking can be mixed up and the O-line blocking can be mixed up.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
What kills me about the announcers is that literally none of them ever have any imagination. It's the same handful of things every single week.

Riddle me these:

What offense is specifically designed for 3rd and long? .
I don't know, but if your QB is in shot gun, don't expect to be good in short yardage.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
uac375_va-0492_475f7bbe62.jpg

James H. "Bill" Finch (1913 in Atlanta – July 28, 2003) GT grad 1936- founder of architectural firm FABRAP. West Deck.
Finch was a decorated US Marine. Executive Officer of the battalion in the 28th Regiment which raised the flag on Mount Suribachi. Also fought in Korean war Legion of Merit. Later -architecture faculty at Georgia Tech 1946-1964.