We're Doomed...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Doesn't take ESPN to doom us. Anyone who has lived GT Football for more than a few years has internalized this ...... I'm going to have plenty of beer and enjoy the ride where ever it goes.
rofvkhdh31zhhov6g.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
From a talent, experience, and coaching standpoint this is the best our football program has been set up since the Joe Hamilton days with O'Leary and Friedgen. We should welcome high expectations and our guys should be able to handle it. If GT fans want to get past the run of 7 wins and eeking into mediocre bowl games, they better get used to these kind of articles because when you win, people have high expectations...and that's a good thing IMO.
I dunno, I think it's just more of the national sports media not knowing their heads from their asses. We snuck up on people last year and they're being reactionary. The article had nothing to do with spring and everything to do with last year, a team that lost tons of talent. It's nice being the target for a change, I just hope the guys know how to deal with it. It's much easier being the guy with the disrespect mantras scrawled on your wristbands. (JT last season)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I dunno, I think it's just more of the national sports media not knowing their heads from their asses. We snuck up on people last year and they're being reactionary. The article had nothing to do with spring and everything to do with last year, a team that lost tons of talent. It's nice being the target for a change, I just hope the guys know how to deal with it. It's much easier being the guy with the disrespect mantras scrawled on your wristbands. (JT last season)

The whole "disrespect" thing is so overplayed...and overrated.

When you hit the latter half of your schedule, and you're ranked and play teams like Clemson, UGA, FSU, Miss State...all of whom had something to gain by beating you, you're not sneaking up or getting disrespected. If anything, our vaunted rushing offense gets hyped up so much leading up to games that it becomes a challenge to other teams to stop it. The media may overlook us in preseason polls, but when it comes to opposing coaches and players, there has always been a lot of respect given to CPJ and our team. The media doesn't play us, it's the coaches and players that have to deal with us.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have to think that's about right. I have been lamenting for several weeks now that we won't be sneaking up on anyone this year. No one knows what we have just yet. I don't think we do even.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Fans of other teams may have let us sneak up on them last year. I assure you the other teams coaches and players were ready for a solid team. The sneak up on people argument applies to fans only.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I think she is spot on! She has played a lot of football in her life- knows a D back from a B back - knows the difference in a spread and a spread option- knows when D tackles contain and linebackers pursue! Give me a break!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Schlabach again shows he's an idiot by placing Michigan in the Holiday Bowl and Tax Slayer Bowl. Or Michigan football really is back and they're making up for not playing in a bowl the last 2 season by playing in 2 this year!

The Jim Harbaugh effect.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
has there ever been a more hyped player than Watson? I'm suprised they haven't awarded him the Heisman yet

When healthy, he's as good as any QB in the nation. Dude is legit...just needs to stay healthy. Have been a fan of his since his sophomore year in HS. Also a great kid who does things the right way...hard not to root for a kid like that to do well (unless Clemson plays GT).

He will be a first round draft pick if he stays healthy.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
When healthy, he's as good as any QB in the nation. Dude is legit...just needs to stay healthy. Have been a fan of his since his sophomore year in HS. Also a great kid who does things the right way...hard not to root for a kid like that to do well (unless Clemson plays GT).

He will be a first round draft pick if he stays healthy.
He has talent. But:
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/playergamelog?playerId=3122840
Nearly half of his TDs were against UNC. He didn't play in 6 games at all and only played in parts of Louisville and Tech. He can do things, but will he be as explosive after the ACL? Can he play a full year? How good of a situation is having co-coordinators on offense, with the QB guru at SMU? The last duo at coordinator I remember was Tenuta at ND. It worked out well.
With Morris gone and all their losses on D, Clemson could be in for a rough year.