Wells Fargo Lot?

UnderCenter

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello. Clemson fan here. I look forward to making my first trip to Bobby Dodd this Saturday.

I've seen a couple posts about the Wells Fargo lot. Pretty close to the field and good for tailgating. Would this be the lot just to the West of the stadium, maybe a block away? Should I expect delays leaving the lot after the game?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Clemson fan huh? Well the best thing to do IMO so you don’t get stuck in traffic and miss the game is to take 285 to go around Atlanta towards the airport and come back up 75.

UnderCenter

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the reply. We plan to come early. Like really early. We're used to going early to the Clemson games because of traffic. Which is why we're looking for a good tailgating lot that's relatively close to the stadium and easy to get to--one we won't be stuck in for hours after the game.

We always treat our visitors with kindness and courtesy at Death Valley (except for Georgia and South Carolina fans.. haha). I hope we receive the same kindness at your fine university. :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the reply. We plan to come early. Like really early. We're used to going early to the Clemson games because of traffic. Which is why we're looking for a good tailgating lot that's relatively close to the stadium and easy to get to--one we won't be stuck in for hours after the game.

We always treat our visitors with kindness and courtesy at Death Valley (except for Georgia and South Carolina fans.. haha). I hope we receive the same kindness at your fine university. :)

check out this thread:
http://gtswarm.com/threads/clemson-fan-here.4648/

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Just to be sure, please don’t take me seriously on the 285 comment. Just a joke. :)

UnderCenter

Georgia Tech Fan

Yeah I saw that one. Some good advice there, thanks. I was just making sure the Wells Fargo West of the stadium was the right one that allows tailgating.

Just to be sure, please don’t take me seriously on the 285 comment. Just a joke. :)

Haha, see I thought you were serious.. Like some kind of insider traffic advice.. lol.. boy do I feel dumb. I've only been to ATL a couple times, not familiar with the area.

UnderCenter

Georgia Tech Fan
One more question, I'm now hearing the Wells Fargo lot fills up fast. How early is early for a noon game.. Like 9AM? Earlier?

Also considering the Varsity lot.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I like the varsity parking lot too, get your oil changed at the V, take a easy walk thru the tunnel to and from the stadium, and then when you leave just take a right on Spring St. And look for the 75N sign.......or hit the Cheetah Club also on Spring.....free entry with ticket stub!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I like the varsity parking lot too, get your oil changed at the V, take a easy walk thru the tunnel to and from the stadium, and then when you leave just take a right on Spring St. And look for the 75N sign.......or hit the Cheetah Club also on Spring.....free entry with ticket stub!
They frowned at me at the cheetah after the UM game because my kid had torn his ticket stub... they don't like that sort of thing ; )
Totally kidding

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow

I felt pretty welcome during my trip to Clemson last year. It was a great experience (save for the outcome of the football game :facepalm:).

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I have partied with the clemson fans off and on for years. I've always enjoyed the games and the aftermath with them win or lose! They're a lot more fun that the vast majority of fanbases I've interacted with over the years :D

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Varsity lot is probably best if you want to get back to the interstate with the least amount if waiting in traffic.

I'm not sure about the exact location of the Wells Fargo lot, but if it's west of the stadium, you have to wait on North Avenue along with 7432689906543227 other people to try and get back on 75/85