Well look who’s in ESPN’s Power Ranking Top 25 & not in 15th place in ACC

GT_EE78

Banned
We don’t like the carryover to every page in the thread either and are working on it.

As far as associating a formal postgame write-up with the postgame thread, there’s a good chance that’ll continue (provided someone has the interest and capacity to write one).
If you wrote that article , then thank you .well written and I enjoyed it . yup i was poking at the format which for longer articles carryover iwii- glad ya'll working on it.
Was anyone else puzzled/irritated by the new timer in chat? One can see that their dot goes from green to gray after some idle time and then after a little more idle time you get completely disconnected (name drops out and chat didn't update for me - missed many entries)
not a big deal but if theres an easy way to keep the page running without making entries, then i'd be interested to know. - sorry bout being off topic

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No inside knowledge but it just seemed like we were jawing an awful lot. I’m all about celebrations when warranted but seeing the guys signal no fly zone on overthrown passes into busted coverage isn’t a good look. We also had some foolishness on the OL but I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s day. It was a team win and good for morale and confidence.

That stuff isn’t going away because Collins has no problem with it. Part of his recruiting pitch is that he lets his guys have fun and be themselves. I’m not a huge fan of it, especially last year when we did it while down a good bit (the worst is Swilling), but all that matters is getting players. If the plAyers like doing those things and we it helps us from getting 3 stars to 4 stars then I’m all for it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That stuff isn’t going away because Collins has no problem with it. Part of his recruiting pitch is that he lets his guys have fun and be themselves. I’m not a huge fan of it, especially last year when we did it while down a good bit (the worst is Swilling), but all that matters is getting players. If the plAyers like doing those things and we it helps us from getting 3 stars to 4 stars then I’m all for it.
The jawing was way down from last year. I does nothing but make our players look like complete imbeciles when you’re acting the fool & getting your *** completely beat like last year. There’s a time and place for everything. I didn‘t notice anything out of line like one game last year when we got back to back unsportsmanlike penalties and nearly got a third in rapid succession. That plus eliminating the dancing & sideline shenanigans was a welcome change.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Idk about Swilling, the biggest culprit to me was Curry. Celebrating and carrying on when he got a tackle while we're down 30+ points last season. All credit to him, he was clutch yesterday and played a really great game.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
We don’t like the carryover to every page in the thread either and are working on it.

As far as associating a formal postgame write-up with the postgame thread, there’s a good chance that’ll continue (provided someone has the interest and capacity to write one).
I'll see if I can get one out by tomorrow. Gotta focus on my schoolwork first, but i'll send it over to ya for inspection

Edit: I now see you've already done one. that was quick!!

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Curry's team the year before only won one game but tied No. 1 Notre Dame. His teams were giant killers but couldn't beat anyone else.

I was an undergrad then. Tech had seriously considered dropping football. Thank God, Kim King met with then President Petit and told him if he did, he would petition the Governor and BOR for his removal. Petit backed down.

The facilities then were primitive. Really bad. It‘s amazing we survived as a D1 program.

Curry has a lot of issues. But for a guy who never coached before to keep the program going ... he was able to do it.

PS. That Bama game and the ND tie were two of the greatest games in my lifetime. The third was when the Saints beat the Lions on Tom Dempsey’s 63 yard FG.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's be realistic, the only reason we jumped to ABC was because the UVA-VT game got postponed and there's really nothing else good on except L'Ville-Miami which got promoted to 7:30 ABC

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Let's be realistic, the only reason we jumped to ABC was because the UVA-VT game got postponed and there's really nothing else good on except L'Ville-Miami which got promoted to 7:30 ABC
I mean, this was going to be a primetime Friday night ESPN game even before the pandemic, and was scheduled as a 3:30 ESPN game before the VT cancellation. It was going to be nationally televised regardless.

Deleted member 2897

BTW, this is what everyone predicted for us this year: 1-10 or 0-11. This is what it looks like. They can all go pound sand.