Well look who’s in ESPN’s Power Ranking Top 25 & not in 15th place in ACC

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not sure beating FSU was that much of a statement game because nobody really knows if this is Willie Taggert version B or Norvell has them turning around, but nice to see good press. We need it for recruiting if nothing else.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I was in my final quarter at Tech, me and some buddies went over to see the Jackets and our new Coach Curry beat the Bear in Birmingham. One of the best GT games I have ever seen in person. We were 1-0 and the entire student body was mad the next week when we were unranked. We plateaued there at 1 win for the remainder of the year, losing to the likes of Memphis State, Tulane, Navy and Duke (before that became a regular thing like it has in the last 6 years or so). ever since then, I ignore any poll released before Halloween. 👹🤡👻👽🍊

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ok. It’s the next day. Early enough that everyone (except @stech81 maybe) is likely sober. I will say it was good to get the win. It was also awesome to see Sims do what he did.
That doesn’t change a few things:
1) Special teams was bad. Everywhere. Kick returns, field goals and XPs - MUST clean this up.

2) We did not get any real pass rush going until they lost half their OL to injury. Yeah they were holding us on like 50% of the snaps but still must get Clayton back and healthy.

3) We has an uncharacteristically chirpy and undisciplined streak that I hope is addressed directly, likely by running bleachers, and cleaned up.

That all said, you can’t ask for more (without fear of not getting it) to be 1-0 with plenty to work on. Go jackets!

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When I was in my final quarter at Tech, me and some buddies went over to see the Jackets and our new Coach Curry beat the Bear in Birmingham. One of the best GT games I have ever seen in person. We were 1-0 and the entire student body was mad the next week when we were unranked. We plateaued there at 1 win for the remainder of the year, losing to the likes of Memphis State, Tulane, Navy and Duke (before that became a regular thing like it has in the last 6 years or so). ever since then, I ignore any poll released before Halloween. 👹🤡👻👽🍊

Curry's team the year before only won one game but tied No. 1 Notre Dame. His teams were giant killers but couldn't beat anyone else.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Expound on number three, please Midtown
No inside knowledge but it just seemed like we were jawing an awful lot. I’m all about celebrations when warranted but seeing the guys signal no fly zone on overthrown passes into busted coverage isn’t a good look. We also had some foolishness on the OL but I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s day. It was a team win and good for morale and confidence.

slugboy

Staff member
Think ESPN is pushing us being ranked, to promote the game, next week?
Nah. The game is a better indicator of what they think of us than the ranking.

You don’t get the ABC spot unless they think you’re worth watching

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, i was guessing that it was behind that iron curtain again but i had noticed that it had a huge number of pages and now i see why.
Someone inserted their own opinions and it takes up half of every page.guess there's plenty of memory space.
We don’t like the carryover to every page in the thread either and are working on it.

As far as associating a formal postgame write-up with the postgame thread, there’s a good chance that’ll continue (provided someone has the interest and capacity to write one).