Well, at least we are not DOOK.......yet

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Since this thread seems to be about recruiting now, I wanted to drop a little nugget I found while looking through Rivals. Based on average recruit ranking, the highest rated recruiting class we have had since 2007 was the... drum roll please... 2010 class, averaging 3.16 stars, good enough for 26th in the country and 5th in the ACC.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ had an offer from Duke when he took the job with us. He likely would have ended up there had we not come calling.

The job CPJ really wanted from what I remember was NC State job in 2007. They went with Tom O'Brien. CPJ wanted to coach in his "home" state.

I believe Duke and SMU offered CPJ in 2008. Supposedly one of the reasons Cutcliffe was irked by CPJ and GT was that Duke offered CPJ the job then settled on Cutcliffe when CPJ turned them down for GT. Probably why Cutcliffe took potshots at CPJ and GT whenever he had the chance.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
it’s a self fulfilling prophecy though. good recruits on offense don’t want to play there and defensive recruits say they don’t want to practice against a team that isn’t running the offenses you’ll see in college and at the next level. you really just can’t get away with that at the power 5 level anymore
We'll see. I think Chadwell goes to a P5 school. They pass the ball way more than we did for sure. Just go look at Mccall's stats.