Well, at least we are not DOOK.......yet

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Biggest if since Kipling

If they out perform before FSU ( play well in all games and win 3 - WC, duke, uva ) will u come to fsu and bring the brats for my tail gate? Being 3-4 before FSU is doable. GT HAS A STREAK OF 2 W. Only thing better han a 2 game streak is a 3 game streak?

FSU is a big for the previous years gt team.

This will be the players game to band together.
IF we are 4 -4 after FSU that's big as we will have 3 game streak as we go to vt (who has a new coach).

Then we get Miami at bds.

I will bring boiled gulf shrimp if Cheese will come from Jacksonville and !
Hope to see u there.

I hope the players finish strong, we fire collins , and hire a successful
P5 coach.

JacketFan137

Banned
IMO, we were sliding into that irrelevance under CPJ. TStan thought he would bring the carnival to town , recruit better players using flash and glitz, build more of a national following, win more games, and put us back in the conversation. I am afraid that in many ways, we are worse off than we were before CGC. This year is critical.
If I don't see more growling and less smiling from our HC, we are doomed to obscurity for the foreseeable future. Just my 2 cents. I will be glad to admit I was wrong with a strong (6 win) turnaround.
the collins hire on the surface made sense. we needed SOMETHING to spark the program and say what you want but the guy is a salesman and can recruit. it didn’t work out but i think the goal was a coach that was a little more of a cheerleader and would sell the program. paul johnson was an oc that wanted to run his offense and get left the hell alone lol

we were stagnating 24-25 the lat 4 years and really showed no signs of improvement or anything to build off. just turned out collins was unable to get the right coordinators around him and left guys around way too long. would rather try something than just go 6-6 every year

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
the collins hire on the surface made sense. we needed SOMETHING to spark the program and say what you want but the guy is a salesman and can recruit. it didn’t work out but i think the goal was a coach that was a little more of a cheerleader and would sell the program. paul johnson was an oc that wanted to run his offense and get left the hell alone lol

we were stagnating 24-25 the lat 4 years and really showed no signs of improvement or anything to build off. just turned out collins was unable to get the right coordinators around him and left guys around way too long. would rather try something than just go 6-6 every year
I don't disagree completely with you. But, IMO, in hindsight, if I were AD, I would have "helped" CGC hire better assistants, especially OC and DC. Player development has been disastrous at this point - 3 years basically wasted. It takes more than getting bulked up in the weight room.

JacketFan137

Banned
I don't disagree completely with you. But, IMO, in hindsight, if I were AD, I would have "helped" CGC hire better assistants, especially OC and DC. Player development has been disastrous at this point - 3 years basically wasted. It takes more than getting bulked up in the weight room.
yeah i was pretty soured on coach pat pretty fast. no idea how he got through to year 3. maybe they felt he was good for continuity or recruiting? idk but it was obvious he was garbage. in general we pay our coordinators like trash (relative to other p5 teams in the acc/sec) so we have seen that on the field. maybe long will be a step in the right direction but probably too late after the damage that has been done.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
If Collins posts a losing record this year, we will officially be the worst we have been since 1932. So I would say that we are quite frankly on par with Duke right now regardless of past coaching records. Hard to believe that we went from getting potentially the best player in Tech history with solid recruiting to this garbage pile. I have a feeling that we will have a new coach this time next year, and that coach's name is Jeff Monken.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If Collins posts a losing record this year, we will officially be the worst we have been since 1932. So I would say that we are quite frankly on par with Duke right now regardless of past coaching records. Hard to believe that we went from getting potentially the best player in Tech history with solid recruiting to this garbage pile. I have a feeling that we will have a new coach this time next year, and that coach's name is Jeff Monken.
3 of last 4 years we're recruitng a lot like Dook and the trend does not look good:

2019 GT 43 Dook 48
2020 GT 25 Dook 61
2021 GT 48 Dook 58
2022 GT 51 Dook 52

The 2020 class is the Gibbs, Sims, Gowdy, Brooks class. That whole class now basically rides on Sims performance next year as we've lost the other 2 weapons.

This is supposed to be a strength.

Last edited:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
3 of last 4 years we're recruitng a lot like Dook and the trend does not look good:

2019 GT 43 Dook 48
2020 GT 25 Dook 61
2021 GT 48 Dook 58
2022 GT 51 Dook 52

The 2020 class is the Gibbs, Sims, Gowdy, Brooks class. That whole class now basically rides on Sims performance next year as we've lost the other 2 weapons.

Our 2022 composite ranking is 43.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

2019 GT 43 Dook 48
2020 GT 25 Dook 61
2021 GT 48 Dook 58
2022 GT 51 Dook 52

That's...what I said. I'm agreeing with you?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We will never hire another Spread Option Coach again.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Even Duke or Kansas never stopped that low. We had to hire a unproven car salesman cause no one would even sniff our program coming off that.
CPJ had an offer from Duke when he took the job with us. He likely would have ended up there had we not come calling.

JacketFan137

Banned
Would be truly hilarious to watch our fans have a different opinion of shotgun spread option vs flexbone
if the coach could recruit talent on both sides of the ball i wouldn’t care but it’s pretty unlikely that an option coach will ever be able to

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
if the coach could recruit talent on both sides of the ball i wouldn’t care but it’s pretty unlikely that an option coach will ever be able to
That's sort of the point with the option. You don't need the best skill players in the world on offense besides your QB (at least mentally/understanding the philosophy of the offense). Passing concepts are extremely simple yet effective on top of eliminating players you need to block when running. Defense is a different story. But Coastal has been pretty consistently in the top 25 recently with some really good players like Isaiah Likely. Grayson Mccall also is very very good. Honestly, I think Chadwell will go to a bigger school than Tech.

JacketFan137

Banned
That's sort of the point with the option. You don't need the best skill players in the world on offense besides your QB (at least mentally/understanding the philosophy of the offense). Passing concepts are extremely simple yet effective on top of eliminating players you need to block when running. Defense is a different story. But Coastal has been pretty consistently in the top 25 recently with some really good players like Isaiah Likely. Grayson Mccall also is very very good. Honestly, I think Chadwell will go to a bigger school than Tech.
it’s a self fulfilling prophecy though. good recruits on offense don’t want to play there and defensive recruits say they don’t want to practice against a team that isn’t running the offenses you’ll see in college and at the next level. you really just can’t get away with that at the power 5 level anymore