• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Last week we played loose, like we had nothing to lose. This week, expectations have suddenly risen and it is Homecoming, probably with a larger crowd. The team will be expected to deliver a W to show they are turning things around. Can the team handle these new expectations and the pressure?
Stay tuned

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
GT by 14+ easily. We have turned the ship around. Clemson and Pitt both has top 10 DLs in college football this year and they abused our OL. The ole miss game was laying an egg. Jeff Sims will finally have time to throw and we steam roll Duke. I am not on drugs.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm going with a relatively high scoring, close win.
I think TO's are the most important item to watch in this game. GT is tied for 9th nationally in TO margin at +7 (11 gained, 4 lost). Duke is tied for 4th at +8 (10 gained, 2 lost).
Penalties are another item to watch. Both are pretty good there. Duke is tied for 42nd (28 penalties, 267 yds), GT is tied for 50th (30 penalties, 265 yds).

The team that plays more mistake free likely wins. I'm thinking something like 31-28 GT.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Expectations are very high for this game which scares me. Last week there were less than zero expectations.

I’m having deja vu to the game against Duke in 2014 at home where we went in 2-0 with a revved up fanbase and got beaten thoroughly. BDS has been a morgue for a while, I wonder if it’s more invigorated with the current optimism and the players respond to the increased energy for the first time in basically their Tech careers.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think TO's are the most important item to watch in this game. GT is tied for 9th nationally in TO margin at +7 (11 gained, 4 lost). Duke is tied for 4th at +8 (10 gained, 2 lost).
Penalties are another item to watch. Both are pretty good there. Duke is tied for 42nd (28 penalties, 267 yds), GT is tied for 50th (30 penalties, 265 yds).

The team that plays more mistake free likely wins. I'm thinking something like 31-28 GT.
Yeah the opportunistic takeaways by Duke alarm me giving out propensity to out the ball into questionable places.

In the preseason there was a lot of talk about charting all of JS10’s throws and talking about their risk level with him to help him understand where to go and not go with the ball. Hope that intensified this last week. We can’t give duke cheap points because they’ll cash them efficiently.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
GT by 14+ easily. We have turned the ship around. Clemson and Pitt both has top 10 DLs in college football this year and they abused our OL. The ole miss game was laying an egg. Jeff Sims will finally have time to throw and we steam roll Duke. I am not on drugs.
I want some of what your smoking!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I‘m worried that the main difference between the two teams is the quality of QB, duke hasn’t played a quality defense yet though so that Opinion may be skeewed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah the opportunistic takeaways by Duke alarm me giving out propensity to out the ball into questionable places.

In the preseason there was a lot of talk about charting all of JS10’s throws and talking about their risk level with him to help him understand where to go and not go with the ball. Hope that intensified this last week. We can’t give duke cheap points because they’ll cash them efficiently.
I'd like to see Sims run more than he throws this week. One thing good about Sims' performance last week was his ability to hang on to the ball when running it or being sacked. He's gotten a lot better at that, and he can easily get us a hundred yards on the ground.

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
I wish we were playing Duke later in the season. I say that because I think this could be a bad matchup for us at the moment. Duke's strength is their discipline and execution while that seems to be our weak point at the moment. I feel like if we were to play them with a couple more weeks of rehab under Key fixing our issues we would handily beat Duke. I could see this game going either way but I think if we win this game it's a huge indicator that we might be on to something good.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke by < 7, something like 27-23.

I think our D plays another good game, and our offense turns the ball over multiple times. Duke won't make all the mistakes that Pitt did

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I’ve lost my secret decoder ring!

is this supposed to be funny, cute or just generally inefficient?
1665164745689.gif

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Prediction time again.

Blue Devils vs. Yellow Jackets
Tobacco Road vs. North Avenue
Bull City vs. Magic City
Ted Roof vs. Ted Roof

Voting is open. What say you?
After watching Duke vs Kansas and their game with UVA, I am going with Duke to win and cover...barely. The difference is the Duke offensive line is far better and the quarterback is pretty talented. He beat out the incumbent and is much more accurate than Jeff has been which probably is due to him having a clean pocket most of the time while Jeff hasn't seen a clean pocket but a handful of times in his career. The Duke quarterback also has a pair of very good running backs to lean on. They have similar stats but are very different. Coleman (?) is a speedster who is adept at cutting back against the grain. The other one who I cannot recall his name is more of a power back. Duke's receivers are capable. It should be noted that Northwestern very nearly came back from a near 20 point deficit in the second half of their game and fumbled the ball into Duke's end zone with just seconds to play wiping out a potentially tying TD and two point conversion. Northwestern's running back had over 200 yards rushing and receiving. Both teams need to work on tackling. The key for Tech is to get in that quarterback's grill and move the damn ball. Can't give these guys multiple three and outs.