Week 4 Games of Interest

wreckless

Georgia Tech Fan
Even if LSU had gotten the snap off before 0:00, I'm pretty sure that Etling was over the LOS when he tossed it. That, and the left end receiver wasn't set.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Perfect to see UGAg and ND lose to underdogs. How in the world Fluke could lose to Wake and NW and then beat ND. Any given day.

As for the end of the LSU game, yes I think the clock should have been reset if the play never happened due to an offensive penalty. But I don't think they can overturn it (again). To overturn, then LSU would have scored with time remaining on the clock so AUbie gets the ball again....... glad to see the SEC in a cluster f.
uga was technically the underdog even though they were higher ranked. Spread was Ole Miss -7 I think at kickoff. Everyone knew the #12 ranking was ridiculously inflated

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't understand why LSU didn't have a play called and the players lined and ready while the refs were sorting out everything.

Well that and the fact the LSU receivers would catch the ball on the sidelines and not get out of bounds...and the auburn defense allowing receptions on the sidelines.

Both teams deserved to lose. Felt the same way after the Bama/Ole Miss game too.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I mean LSU totally blew it when they had Malachi Dupree wide open in the endzone twice on the last drive and didnt even look at him. And it's not like this is the first time a Les Miles team has run out of time going down the field due to time mismanagement

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Naw, UGAg was supposed to win another NC this year with their savior coach. The comments here are hilarious, especially that the dwags don't have great athletes: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college-football/bulldogs-lose-game-chubb/nsd4H/
True I somehow forgot about their preseason dynasty. idk how it's pretty much unrivaled in college football. Too bad Mark Richt screwed them over by leaving them with no talent. Dude only brought in top 15 classes every year instead of top 5. "Sabotage" - AJC

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
So you can't spike the ball within 1 minute of the end? I sure didn't know that
It took me a second to figure it. I think they mean throwing the ball on the ground, spiking it, and away from the ref after a first down. I would delay the refs from starting the game clock again. It is the only thing I can figure that would make sense. If it's not that then I don't know what the rule is talking about.

Sorry Jay you beat me to it.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
LSU should've had a 10 second run off. Shouldn't even had been any controversy outside the idiot Receiver wanting to get an extra 2 yards instead of going out of bounds and saving them 15 seconds.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Stanford/UCLA was basically the other side of the coin. Stanford wastes all their timeouts but catch interference and weak D gives Stanford the time to score and pull off the win instead of running out of time like LSU

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, just wow. Kelly has probably gotten away with bluster so much that he is just doing it again.

The article said Kelly was paid $1M a year. That must be a typo. Or maybe there is a clause that he gets a big payout if he is fired and he is saying stupid and wrong stuff like this to get fired.

Kelly really makes CPJ look good! :D Just about every time CPJ talks about how bad the team did he also talks about how the coaching staff didn't prepare the players. The kids have very limited time (by NCAA design and rightly so) but the coaches are paid $Ms to get the kids ready.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wow, just wow. Kelly has probably gotten away with bluster so much that he is just doing it again.

The article said Kelly was paid $1M a year. That must be a typo. Or maybe there is a clause that he gets a big payout if he is fired and he is saying stupid and wrong stuff like this to get fired.

Kelly really makes CPJ look good! :D Just about every time CPJ talks about how bad the team did he also talks about how the coaching staff didn't prepare the players. The kids have very limited time (by NCAA design and rightly so) but the coaches are paid $Ms to get the kids ready.
The Coaches Hot Seat lists his salary at $4 million.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

BVG's salary was $1 million