Week 2: USF Game Week Media #USFvsGT

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I like the fact he says i want one guy at qb. Makes me know if we dont have one guy on the field and thats what he wants then we truly dont have one that has taken the reigns yet. Which means we don't have a qb just three players. Lets hope this get sorted soon either in game play or practice.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I think coach P confirmed our conjecture as to why we ran so much against CU. He essentially said Clemson was most likely ready for our spread. While I would still like to have seen more passing it was determined early on that TO was going to start and we were going to run.

This week Coach P pointed out that their corners play man press with multiple fronts on the D line. I take that to mean that Camp and crew are about to get some balls thrown their way. I don’t think our coaches think a man press coverage can handle our guys.

I also got the impression that LJ is our #1. He said Clemson was expecting LJ and the spread and he noted that LJ knows the protections.

I think we see a lot more balance this week and a lot more LJ

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
While we are all probably wanting a starter at QB to emerge, it does make prep difficult for opposing teams to scheme our O. I don't think we want to go through the season without a true starter. Maybe more important on who finishes.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind cycling through QBs but put the QB1 in the base set then make packages for the other guys. I don’t like shuffling though multiple QB running the same type of O

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I love the general idea they had to run something similar to what we did last year given that Clemson would prep for the spread. I joked with my brother that we should come out and run 3O in the first half and get a bunch of scores and then switch to spread at the half.

What scares me is how poorly architected what we did actually was. Yes, there were some big plays, but it all looked very unstructured. The good news is that I don’t think its what he wants to run long term, which makes me feel a little better. I’m not crazy about the idea that he couldn’t architect something more similar to what we’d done in the past given the time they had to prep for the game.

Oh well...probably weren’t going to win either way. Time to move on to USF and get a win. I think we own these guys Saturday.

Go Jackets!!!

slugboy

Staff member
What scares me is how poorly architected what we did actually was. Yes, there were some big plays, but it all looked very unstructured. The good news is that I don’t think its what he wants to run long term, which makes me feel a little better. I’m not crazy about the idea that he couldn’t architect something more similar to what we’d done in the past given the time they had to prep for the game.

I think part of the reason the passing plays looked unstructured is that there were some late reads and late throws. Patenaude said as much. The throw needs to go before the player breaks open. There were also sometimes where we threw into double or triple coverage, so sometimes the reads weren’t just late.

I’m not saying it’s just because it was our first game—there are teams that take to their new offenses like ducks to water—but Clemson may not have been the easiest team to get used to passing against.

I don’t know too much about USFs defensive backfield. I hear they have some athletic pass rushers. I hope this week is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't sure if it's my computer but I can't hear anything same on my phone.
Nope it is not just you. I had the volume all the way up on my headphones and could barely hear. The last few they put out with the coaches were great audio including all the media asking questions which has been an issue for a while. Not sure what they changed when they brought in the players.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Terrible article. Stopped reading when he said game two of this year is a turning point. Sort of started to quit reading when he said “at some point effort has to lead to victories” after a road loss to the defending national champs and the staffs first game.

Is this an MB article? If so, I’ll pass.

slugboy

Staff member
Although I hope this is not the case, I'm afraid he is in for a big letdown if he is counting on the Tech student body of 2019 to show up early and be loud. Things have changed at Tech since he was last here, and I don't think he's gonna like it.

He was here when people were giving up on Gailey. I’m sure he remembers the good years of O’Leary, but he’s also got some other experience too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk