Week 2: USF Game Week Media #USFvsGT

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
What does LAST YEAR have to do with anything ? Both teams have different coaches, staffs , etc. Seniors have left, new players have joined, etc.
LAST WEEK is relevant. We played relatively much better than USF played. We both lost. IMO, our team has a long way to go before we can feel confident about covering any spread. I remember many games where we had to scramble against opponents that we assumed were dead in the water coming in. I still think it will be an ugly win, not very satisfying, but better than losing. You know Strong is giving them an earful this week....we better not overlook this team and it's senior QB.

Strong and company expect a similar offensive game plan from the Jackets as they saw them use against Clemson with Tobias Oliver at quarterback again.

“With Georgia Tech and what they are doing on offense, even though it isn’t the option, they still got an option feel to it. The quarterback is a big runner for them still and he is the one who came in last year and hurt us when we hurt the other one (TaQuon Marshall) and he came in and just ran quarterback sweeps and counters,” Strong said. “We are also looking at Temple even though the personnel is different the scheme is similar on defense

slugboy

Staff member

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Thacker not a happy camper. Good to see. U can just tell clemson isn't sit well with him

One thing I’ve noticed is that Collins stays 1,000% on message and leans more toward being vague. The assistants generally stay on message, but we get a bit more transparency from them. Listen to Marco Coleman on this week’s GT60 radio show.

I’m glad Collins gives the press so much access to his staff. I’ve enjoyed that so far.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Only have listen to the first 5 minutes but notice if I heard right he called our offense a spread.

it is 100% a spread offense, which is always defined by function of formation. Spread refers to the formation only since ruined by a bunch of perceptions....the run pass ratio never had anything to do with being a spread team. Again, ruined perceptions. For some reason every thinks spread means alot of passing just because of the 3-4 wr looks...but not so

Spread offense today means 11 sets or 20 with 3 wr or 10 with 4, linemen in 2 pt, some schemes have wider splits than others, and QB always in shotgun (or most of the time). Leach runs wider splits. Guys like Kennedy who adopted it tighter with more power run. Chip kelly used spread and ran 60-65% of the time out of it uptempo

I remember schooling folks on another term that gets messed up by everyone and thats the read option. Which, really is wrongly labelled and refers to the zone option or zone read option. As all options are reads.

nothing inaccurate about coaches statements. The problem is what everyone think that means. We are running spread for sure. Not a fan of what we are running out of it so far. Needs to change IMO

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan