Week 2 ACC Football

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It’s interesting how we can watch the same thing and feel very differently. One of the qualifiers is “forcible contact to the head or neck area” I viewed the defender’s actions as rotating out the way, not launching and while there was contact with the head, not forcible imho.
The trajectory was upwards. (Launch)
He lead with his head.
Made forcible contact with the head, enough to whip his face from right to left.

Targeting.

I agree that if he misses the head contact it’s not targeting even though the intent was clearly to lay the defenseless receiver out.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke should not be counted as a sure win for us imo. Pounded Temple in front of nobody in Durham last week, beating NW so far today.
Otoh UNC looks over rated, losing to GSU now in 3Q.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee blitz and DE putting some hard hits on the pitt qb. If he has time , he makes good reads.
R shirt sr right tackle 57 injured.

PITTS PRETTY RUGGED = a tough out for gt.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some day gt will have a team that has a good ol.

2 little football schools ( Marshall and App State) take on 2 giants ( ND and TAM) . Great ol play by 5 guys app st and 5 guys at Marshall make millions watching scratch there heads.

LAST YEAR THE APP ST OL CAME IN SECOND FOR TOP OL- and they are all back.

The concept that their ol commits illegal procedure penalties does not exist. Our players can't count w integers.

slugboy

Staff member
Pitt blocked a punt, and got nothing. I don’t know how much is because of the new OC and how much is the new QB, but they’re not Pickett’s offense from last year.

Tenn has a good DL though