Week 2 ACC Football

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's the line-up:
1662755670311.png

Best games are L'Ville @ UCF, Tenn @ Pitt & BC @ VT. No idea who wins those. But that's why they play the games.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
We have a chance against ucf.
Agree. What I saw (2nd half only) was that their OL is susceptible to pressure, but their DL can also apply pressure. They have some speedy athletes but their QB fared poorly last night. Also, both teams tried to give the other the game several times with costly penalties, drops, etc. Seemed familiar.

slugboy

Staff member
Agreed. Since we're @UCF and we'll probably be 1-2 going into the game, they will probably be favored. We'll have 35-40% projected win probability?

UCF got intercepted for a touchback for the go ahead TD with 5 minutes to go. Good close game.
According to ESPN, it’s 20%, and the same for Ole Miss.
Let’s just turn ourselves into a good football team, and then Ole Miss and UCF can worry about us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
According to ESPN, it’s 20%, and the same for Ole Miss.
Let’s just turn ourselves into a good football team, and then Ole Miss and UCF can worry about us.

Ole Miss @ GT and GT @UCF is the same spread? Doesn't seem right as Ole Miss is so highly ranked. Maybe the UCF spread wasn't updated for the loss last night. UCF was favored to win by 5.5.

Whatever, we got a chance. I just realized that UCF will be our first away game of the year (Mercedes Benz wasn't really away.)

slugboy

Staff member
Ole Miss @ GT and GT @UCF is the same spread? Doesn't seem right as Ole Miss is so highly ranked. Maybe the UCF spread wasn't updated for the loss last night. UCF was favored to win by 5.5.

Whatever, we got a chance. I just realized that UCF will be our first away game of the year (Mercedes Benz wasn't really away.)
It’s 20.4% against Ole Miss and 21.4% against UCF when I check the ESPN app today
DBB51B9F-D7A4-4063-93B7-516B1FD680EA.png

620532F7-3BC8-47D7-A15F-AE6E386E2CFD.png

Let It Go Reaction GIF

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Watched the Louisville UCF game. The announcers were cracking me up. Enthusiastically calling key passes completions only to realize ball wasn't caught (multiple times). Missing nearly every review "prediction"... it was comical. They had a tough night.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Watched the Louisville UCF game. The announcers were cracking me up. Enthusiastically calling key passes completions only to realize ball wasn't caught (multiple times). Missing nearly every review "prediction"... it was comical. They had a tough night.
The officials really got it wrong in the 2nd half. Absolutely was targeting, absolutely was roughing the passer. Unequivocal. On the targeting overturn, the guy launched upwards and got part of the helmet. If the head doesn’t get whipped, it’s not targeting, but it did. The defender was trying to hurt the recruiter and missed.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
The officials really got it wrong in the 2nd half. Absolutely was targeting, absolutely was roughing the passer. Unequivocal. On the targeting overturn, the guy launched upwards and got part of the helmet. If the head doesn’t get whipped, it’s not targeting, but it did. The defender was trying to hurt the recruiter and missed.
It’s interesting how we can watch the same thing and feel very differently. One of the qualifiers is “forcible contact to the head or neck area” I viewed the defender’s actions as rotating out the way, not launching and while there was contact with the head, not forcible imho.