Week 10 #GTvsVT Media

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't remember the the details of the story. Wasn't is suspected that a fraternity stole the jerseys but no one was ever caught?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There are clear examples on that list of people who are valuable as fifth year seniors who weren’t draft picks after four years. Thomas, Carter, Smith are the three that jump out immediately.

Not everyone is still here, but I think the marginal value of one more game of a Pyron type this year is lower than the potential value of a fifth year even discounting that value for likelihood of draft or transfer. Maybe in underrating likelihood of leaving for NFL early because of GTs past two decades of QB development woes, though. (Transferring out risk is something I hope a new staff can fix for the future)
There is a huge amount of value in a 5th year senior at QB, look no further than Kenny Pickett at Pitt last year

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
that is a lot to think about, but there has a been time I would have taken a QB that was just OK. But I would rather have 5 OL that we could say are ok.
Others more knowledgeable can weigh in with a rebuttal, but I am not sure we have even 1 much less 5 that "we could say are ok." The person best qualified to judge is Jeff and he ain't talking.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
anyone see uniform info for tomorrow? (not that it's a big deal; I'm just going to the game and wanted to match)
no reveal yet. maybe key wanted to limit distractions, or maybe we just do an image on gameday of the combo (like we did vs UCF) since we're on the road and have to wear white.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
no reveal yet. maybe key wanted to limit distractions, or maybe we just do an image on gameday of the combo (like we did vs UCF) since we're on the road and have to wear white.
yeah. I knew the shirts would be white. wondering if the pants and helmets are, too. Again, no big deal. thanks for the info! Hoping it will be a great experience despite the 12:30 start. I remember CPJ always loved Blacksburg as an environment. Thomas and Carter talked about that 2018 game yesterday with Oliver! Loved that game! Wish I had been there for that one!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
yeah. I knew the shirts would be white. wondering if the pants and helmets are, too. Again, no big deal. thanks for the info! Hoping it will be a great experience despite the 12:30 start. I remember CPJ always loved Blacksburg as an environment. Thomas and Carter talked about that 2018 game yesterday with Oliver! Loved that game! Wish I had been there for that one!
2014 was also a great game. Came back late and won on a Butker FG as time expired.

2016 we beat them when they were ranked with Matthew Jordan at QB (JT5 was hurt that week.)

We haven't lost up there since we debuted the honeycomb/bubblewrap uniforms in 2012.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
2014 was also a great game. Came back late and won on a Butker FG as time expired.

2016 we beat them when they were ranked with Matthew Jordan at QB (JT5 was hurt that week.)

We haven't lost up there since we debuted the honeycomb/bubblewrap uniforms in 2012.
2014 was just a GREAT year! (2016 not that shabby!!) I was at Tech in '90 and '91, but 2014 is my favorite season, probably because I was older, and GT football has become my thing with my dad. There was something special about that year and his excitement around it - we really dug into the nitty gritty with the TO and the players - I knew some of them personally and we met some of the parents. While '90 was AWESOME to win, I was more engaged in 2014, as crazy as that sounds. Let's hope that trend continues!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
2014 was just a GREAT year! (2016 not that shabby!!) I was at Tech in '90 and '91, but 2014 is my favorite season, probably because I was older, and GT football has become my thing with my dad. There was something special about that year and his excitement around it - we really dug into the nitty gritty with the TO and the players - I knew some of them personally and we met some of the parents. While '90 was AWESOME to win, I was more engaged in 2014, as crazy as that sounds. Let's hope that trend continues!
In 2024 they should honor that team for their 10th anniversary. That season was just special. No other way to describe it.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL...Key is the anti-Geoff Collins. You could tell which interview Collins did by his outfit. Key has been wearing the same outfit since the first game he took over.
Some say he never removes the tech outfit, he just gives no nonsense old school coaching to a car wash every morning.