Week 1 Media #GTvsFSU

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
What else can he talk about. We haven’t played a game since November. He inherited a dumpster fire other than Mason on offense and he knows the only way to get better is thru recruiting size and skill. Since we can only recruit 25 at a time it’s gonna take 3 cycles to turn the roster. Bottom line- GT football needs a human billboard to get 14-18 year old males to even think about GT as an option. Once the recruiting happens the wins will come and then recruiting will start taking care of itself. Collins is doing everything absolutely right. We finally have someone who believes in GT football and shouts it to the world and some fans don‘t like it. I just don’t understand. I wish we had 5 Running Backs and 3 QB’s starting on Sundays because then we’d sell ourselves, but unfortunately we are starting from scratch.
Maybe about how he plans to work in a new QB instead of saying they all look good like he said last year. Talk about how he can create pressure with exotic blitz instead of we got bigger on the DL. I mean just talk football for once, not program building.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why would he give out that information? I wouldn’t give our opponents any video clips or talk. All that matters is in game production. If he talks all about blitz packages and QB play then we suck then our fan base would tear him up for that. And seriously, we were one of the worst teams last year so why would he put any emphasis on those things. Besides, right now we could have Tom Brady as QB and we’d still be limited offensively. Our OLine needs a lot of work. I’m excited to essentially have a free year. A team like ours will benefit way more than most teams from a free, no eligibility year because of our youth and change in systems. I believe in a year from now we will be a legit solid team and Collins will gladly talk about on field items. But right now we don’t even have a QB and our DLine is already decimated. And in his last presser Collins spent the first 10 minutes talking about 7-8 specific players.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Why would he give out that information? I wouldn’t give our opponents any video clips or talk. All that matters is in game production. If he talks all about blitz packages and QB play then we suck then our fan base would tear him up for that. And seriously, we were one of the worst teams last year so why would he put any emphasis on those things. Besides, right now we could have Tom Brady as QB and we’d still be limited offensively. Our OLine needs a lot of work. I’m excited to essentially have a free year. A team like ours will benefit way more than most teams from a free, no eligibility year because of our youth and change in systems. I believe in a year from now we will be a legit solid team and Collins will gladly talk about on field items. But right now we don’t even have a QB and our DLine is already decimated. And in his last presser Collins spent the first 10 minutes talking about 7-8 specific players.
It’s not giving out information. If he says something along the lines of “ we feel we’ve worked in some good blitz packages and will have more success getting to the QB then we did last season. “ or “ We have a good game plan set for our young QB. We have a good idea of how to put them in the right position “ instead of “ We recruited two do the best HS QBs in America, and 6’4 and 6’6 tall DL” I would be ecstatic.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So you are really that concerned over semantics? Do you not understand that GT’s future depends on one thing - players! That is all that matters. Somewhere out there in the 404, or state of Georgia, or southeast, or nationally are 14, 15, 16, 17 year old male football players who will win Heisman trophies and be first round draft picks in 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, etc. GT is now actually able to talk to these kids without being laughed at. These kids don’t want to hear about protection schemes or blitz packages. The simple fact that we got talented players like Sims and Gibbs in his first full recruiting cycle tells any GT fan that Collins persona is working. Gibbs wouldn’t even have considered GT under the old coach. Bottom line, what Collins is doing is working. Yes, we won only 3 games last year. But there‘s a reason a smart guy like Johnson left when he did. He knew what he didn’t have. But for the first time since the Orange Bowl we can see some light coming our way.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
1335AD78-B71B-4685-A907-7CCB26EBE303.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to the team tomorrow. This is Robotics kickoff weekend for my sons team so i'll be taping the game and watching it on Sunday evening sometime.
Off topic question for you and other who may choose to tape games they can’t watch live in order to view later. Do you try to stay away from score updates the whole day? Do you not visit The Swam or check social media so you don’t get the game “spoiled.” If you do end up hearing the final score does it ruin the tapes game for you? All genuine questions, because even if I can’t watch the games live I would much rather hear and see live game updates than watch the entire game back on tape delay. Especially if I already know the score.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Off topic question for you and other who may choose to tape games they can’t watch live in order to view later. Do you try to stay away from score updates the whole day? Do you not visit The Swam or check social media so you don’t get the game “spoiled.” If you do end up hearing the final score does it ruin the tapes game for you? All genuine questions, because even if I can’t watch the games live I would much rather hear and see live game updates than watch the entire game back on tape delay. Especially if I already know the score.
I cannot check or use my phone until I've watched all 60 minutes. Sometimes that lasts until Sunday evening in extreme circumstances. If I'm required to be out and about I will strategically not wear GT gear nor mention my fandom so as to avoid someone unintentionally spoiling the outcome. If someone opens their mouth and starts down that path, you'll see a grown man act like a toddler, cover their ears and start singing "La la la la la la" to cover all surrounding noise.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I cannot check or use my phone until I've watched all 60 minutes. Sometimes that lasts until Sunday evening in extreme circumstances. If I'm required to be out and about I will strategically not wear GT gear nor mention my fandom so as to avoid someone unintentionally spoiling the outcome. If someone opens their mouth and starts down that path, you'll see a grown man act like a toddler, cover their ears and start singing "La la la la la la" to cover all surrounding noise.
I do the same things (including the "la la la la" 🤣)! I even get irritated with my wife and family if they mention that they saw the score cause i can usually tell the results by the tone of their voice.