Week 1 Media #GTvsFSU

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have been critical in the past....he was very wordy, especially when interviewing others and asking questions, and seemed uncomfortable in his own skin. This interview, he does appear to be a bit more relaxed. He is filling big shoes and all of his predecessors were fantastic (Brandon, Wes and the legendary Big Al Ciraldo).
You forgot, Brad Nessler.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Although the NCAA is giving everyone an extra year I don't think all athletes will necessarily have that option. I'm sure some will be encouraged to move on.

Still have to be making progress towards a degree I imagine. Which will dictate the decision for a lot of kids.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I kind of understand why you'd get that vibe, but Thacker's comments in yesterday's presser suggest otherwise.

“He has a strong self-awareness of what he does well. The things where he’s deficient, he’s taken great pride in this offseason and this fall camp leading up to this game to try to compensate and make better, the deficiencies that he has. He’s an incredibly conscientious kid.” – DC Andrew Thacker, 9/8 press conference
That is probably more accurate. He has just always seemed to talk himself up and discuss how he is a leader during interviews even when he was first at Tech (you know like 15 years ago 🤣). It just rubs me the wrong way. I have always rooted for him and hope he has success (which he would be if he can ever stop taking himself out of plays).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
FSU is awful mouthy and cocky for how they've looked the past couple years. It will be really interesting to see if they continue the trend of raw talent runs the ship wild or if they're actually coachable again.

"back in the day", you had to be good to be cocky. Nowadays it's a gift available to anyone who wants it. A close friend and coworker of mine said that lack of self awareness appeared to be more of a blessing than a curse. At the time I disagreed. Nowadays, I am not too sure.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"back in the day", you had to be good to be cocky. Nowadays it's a gift available to anyone who wants it. A close friend and coworker of mine said that lack of self awareness appeared to be more of a blessing than a curse. At the time I disagreed. Nowadays, I am not too sure.

Agreed, and in the 90s they more than backed it up. I think both them and Miami still live in the past now though overall.

geno57

Georgia Tech Fan

geno57

Georgia Tech Fan
Norvell will have to turn the roster over to get coach able players... Lots of talent but he will not have his system in place immediately

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone listen to show? Collins say anything meaningful or did he talk to recruits that weren’t even listening?

Was listening to the recording on FB.
I can't even make this up... around 8:10 they go to the first commercial but the audio is still from coaches office. He then asks Andy to make sure he asks about his 'Ora'? Ring. :rolleyes:

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I can't even make this up... around 8:10 they go to the first commercial but the audio is still from coaches office. He then asks Andy to make sure he asks about his 'Ora'? Ring. :rolleyes:
And this is a problem why? He's trying to highlight the tech that they are utilizing. Not sure why that's a bad thing?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
And this is a problem why? He's trying to highlight the tech that they are utilizing. Not sure why that's a bad thing?
2019 Customer Experience Trends in Retrospect and our 2020 Vision - The  Worthix Voices of CX Blog

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I mean, right back at you, duder. If you're that determined to hate on everything the coach says, not sure why you would bother listening? But hey, you keep doing the miserable fan thing, I guess, if that's what works for you. Go Jackets.

Look, all I did was point out to a fellow poster how ironic it was that Collins staged a question based on something rather than the game Saturday. Please go through my message history and find one negative comment I have ever made about CGC. My user handle is literally 'Geoff Collins da Juice Man'. Stop making rash assumptions. We're all on the same team here. Lets get this thread back on topic.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
So cringe. I mean bro it’s getting tiring. I love everything Collins does but in terms of what he says he’s just a walking talking billboard. I just hope we resemble a football team Saturday. I’m probably taking it way to serious but I want this game.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So cringe. I mean bro it’s getting tiring. I love everything Collins does but in terms of what he says he’s just a walking talking billboard. I just hope we resemble a football team Saturday. I’m probably taking it way to serious but I want this game.
What else can he talk about. We haven’t played a game since November. He inherited a dumpster fire other than Mason on offense and he knows the only way to get better is thru recruiting size and skill. Since we can only recruit 25 at a time it’s gonna take 3 cycles to turn the roster. Bottom line- GT football needs a human billboard to get 14-18 year old males to even think about GT as an option. Once the recruiting happens the wins will come and then recruiting will start taking care of itself. Collins is doing everything absolutely right. We finally have someone who believes in GT football and shouts it to the world and some fans don‘t like it. I just don’t understand. I wish we had 5 Running Backs and 3 QB’s starting on Sundays because then we’d sell ourselves, but unfortunately we are starting from scratch.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
FSU is awful mouthy and cocky for how they've looked the past couple years. It will be really interesting to see if they continue the trend of raw talent runs the ship wild or if they're actually coachable again.

If they ever got more bling and a turnover chain, the Criminoles would be right there with Miami. Just need to up their game a little. The smack is major league, the play to back it up has been low minors for a while now.