Week 1 Media #GTvsFSU

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like Andy, he's our kind of nerdy. I know he bothers some folks, but I think he does a good job.
I have been critical in the past....he was very wordy, especially when interviewing others and asking questions, and seemed uncomfortable in his own skin. This interview, he does appear to be a bit more relaxed. He is filling big shoes and all of his predecessors were fantastic (Brandon, Wes and the legendary Big Al Ciraldo).

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been critical in the past....he was very wordy, especially when interviewing others and asking questions, and seemed uncomfortable in his own skin. This interview, he does appear to be a bit more relaxed. He is filling big shoes and all of his predecessors were fantastic (Brandon, Wes and the legendary Big Al Ciraldo).

Man, i saw someone on another board say they rather hear Chip Caray do play by play than Wes. i just don't see how anyone could possibly think Chip Caray is even remotely on the same level as Wes

MidtownJacket

Staff member
interesting that D Curry basically said he thinks this is his last year and doesn't plan on using the extra year.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
interesting that D Curry basically said he thinks this is his last year and doesn't plan on using the extra year.
I am guessing that he figures that he will be drafted this year. I know he is a hard worker and a leader on the team but whenever he is interviewed he comes off as overly cocky and full of himself. I just feel like that comment was another instance of that.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I am guessing that he figures that he will be drafted this year. I know he is a hard worker and a leader on the team but whenever he is interviewed he comes off as overly cocky and full of himself. I just feel like that comment was another instance of that.

My impression of him is confidence without cockiness. He’s been here 6 years, I think he’s just ready to move on (to try NFL or just start life). 7th year senior? I kind of chuckled at that thought myself.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I didn't take it so much as cocky - more just he is either ready to go to the league now, or knows he won't be any better positioned next season. He also talked about how physically gifted the young guns are behind him. Kind of felt like a good thing all around (Confidence in his abilities and body of work, plus knowing the snap count is likely to go down for him the following season to keep those guys hungry)
My impression of him is confidence without cockiness. He’s been here 6 years, I think he’s just ready to move on (to try NFL or just start life). 7th year senior? I kind of chuckled at that thought myself.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I kind of understand why you'd get that vibe, but Thacker's comments in yesterday's presser suggest otherwise.

“He has a strong self-awareness of what he does well. The things where he’s deficient, he’s taken great pride in this offseason and this fall camp leading up to this game to try to compensate and make better, the deficiencies that he has. He’s an incredibly conscientious kid.” – DC Andrew Thacker, 9/8 press conference