Week 1 #CLEMvsGT Media

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
How can he not answer that question? All he had to say is, "That is one of our aspirations (goals). We are an unproven team that is working very hard to win. I believe in my team and they will give it all they have every single day."
Because then he'd be on the hook for a missed goal if this year goes like the last few have (I'm hopeful it won't). He basically took the word salad route to the idea of under-promise and over-deliver.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

So, tune in now?

I tuned in. Wasn't very long. Recap:

He was asked if we need to win 6 games. He believes we can and should win 6 games and make a bowl. From his tone it sounded like an expectation honestly. He does feel pressure on himself as well to meet this goal. What is he hearing from fans? Fans are mad. Duh. He was asked about the stadium configuration for Monday's game and whether he was just trying to limit the number of Clemson fans in attendance and he danced around it, saying we just wanted to do the same thing as the UNC game. Some light transfer portal talk. Some light talk about the new coaches.

He is being pretty frank about the expectation to win this year. Not just look better but actually win.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
LOL, I thought we were too Lorenzo !! I bet we're not done with " elite " either!
Here’s Clemson’s “depth chart”

They have 30 listed positions between offense, defense, and special teams. 14 of those positions don’t have a starter listed. It’s either one guy OR another guy. “Butt waahhhhhh, I don’t like the ATL chart, wahhhhh something about not a real football team/coach😭🥺.” It literally doesn’t matter what they put on the depth chart. I wish one game we’d list an entire team of starters as walk-ons on the ATL chart. Because it literally does not matter
E0157C2E-61A5-4241-B7AF-2DA47FF015B0.jpeg

nod

Ramblin' Wreck

They have 30 listed positions between offense, defense, and special teams. 14 of those positions don’t have a starter listed. It’s either one guy OR another guy. “Butt waahhhhhh, I don’t like the ATL chart, wahhhhh something about not a real football team/coach😭🥺.” It literally doesn’t matter what they put on the depth chart. I wish one game we’d list an entire team of starters as walk-ons on the ATL chart. Because it literally does not matter
View attachment 12938
Oh Shipley

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

View attachment 12938

Looks like Clemson bolds are starters. They have a lot of seniors and super seniors.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I tuned in. Wasn't very long. Recap:

He was asked if we need to win 6 games. He believes we can and should win 6 games and make a bowl. From his tone it sounded like an expectation honestly. He does feel pressure on himself as well to meet this goal. What is he hearing from fans? Fans are mad. Duh. He was asked about the stadium configuration for Monday's game and whether he was just trying to limit the number of Clemson fans in attendance and he danced around it, saying we just wanted to do the same thing as the UNC game. Some light transfer portal talk. Some light talk about the new coaches.

He is being pretty frank about the expectation to win this year. Not just look better but actually win.
That reads to me that he knows his job depends on 6 wins. I really, really hope that happens because I'd like to go a bowl game again, but I just don't see it. Even if Long has the offense humming, and Winke has Sims on an NFL watch list, and the offensive line immediately gel - the schedule is so difficult I have a hard time seeing more than 5 wins.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And they’ve listed their projections of our starters.
That "projection" is just a copy off the OurLads.com website, according to the disclaimer at bottom.
It's inaccurate. Quick is listed at OT (he's been practicing at guard I'm told)) and the kicker is listed as Stewart. No mention of Jude Kelley, who will probably kick field goals.

slugboy

Staff member
That "projection" is just a copy off the OurLads.com website, according to the disclaimer at bottom.
It's inaccurate. Quick is listed at OT (he's been practicing at guard I'm told)) and the kicker is listed as Stewart. No mention of Jude Kelley, who will probably kick field goals.

Looks like they sourced that out to ourlads.com per their footnote. FWIW, they have Leo Blackburn projected to start and he will likely not even be dressed for the game.
Oy! That’s what I get for using my phone and not reading the mouse print. Using OurLads.com is sad 😢

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
On Blackburn, that is awful. A few months, huh? I mean, the whole season is "a few months."
Some have said he might be back by FSU and others think he'll be back when ACC play starts. I wish I had a definite answer for you, but I do know that despite having ANY playing time at all, there are teams who have their eye on him when he returns. Which teams, idk, but we will have to fight to keep him

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Well.......uhhhhhhhh........ummmmmmm......well........uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you'll..................uhhhhhhh.........just have to tune in.......ahhhhhhhhhh........in order to........uhhhhhhhhhh......find out...........uhhhhhhhh

;)
ZZZZZzzzzz. :-(

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

0:00 Opening Comments
6:14 On DT Tre Williams
6:32 On last year’s game giving the team respect for Georgia Tech
7:33 On how this defensive line compares to previous units
11:12 On the running back rotation
13:00 On how OL Blake Miller earned his trust like former Clemson tackle Mitch Hyatt
14:25 On a position group he is excited to see play
16:12 On OL Dietrick Pennington’s status
18:37 On if this group of corners could be his best
19:10 On why he didn’t add a transfer offensive lineman and if they didn’t find the right player or if the current group stepped up
20:50 On “hiring people” rather than “hiring résumés”
25:37 On if he’ll keep an eye on Oklahoma and Virginia on Saturday
25:57 On punter
27:25 On if he hopes there will be less pressure on DJ Uiagalelei if Clemson runs the ball better
28:25 On comparing Cade Klubnik’s situation to Trevow Lawrence’s situation in 2018 behind Kelly Bryant
30:07 On how Klubnik has adapted to the speed of the college game
31:47 On WRs E.J. Williams and Beaux Collins
33:09 On how NIL rules have benefited Clemson
41:51 On NIL being used by others as inducements
43:21 On the appreciation for the opportunity to play again and playing on a Monday night
46:50 On seeming giddy about this team
49:37 On the new videoboard and other updates at Memorial Stadium