Week 1 #CLEMvsGT Media

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Fore those in need of a quick refresh of last year.

A couple of thoughts
1. Defense was actually really solid in the middle and executed better than I remembered. I remembered Clemson shooting themselves in the foot more but we definitely had a hand in that.
2. Dontae had more big plays than Gibbs. I am super excited for him to show his talent this year. While Gibbs has some amazing God-given talent, Smith's (and Mason's) ability and instinct to get north-south immediately may actually suit us better.
3. Sims' athletic ability (and ability to see over the o-line) may really help us out
4. We need to onside kick it coming out of half (if we are kicking) just for the heck of it
5.The shovel pass play at the end just hurt...... Should have given it to Mason again and let our most aggressive player try to punch it in again

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
2. Dontae had more big plays than Gibbs. I am super excited for him to show his talent this year. While Gibbs has some amazing God-given talent, Smith's (and Mason's) ability and instinct to get north-south immediately may actually suit us better.
I feel the same way, about this game and all last season. I just can't remember a game where Gibbs put the team on his back and said come with me! (see Sims in our game vs UNC) No knock on his ability. But ability is different than heart. At 7ft, I had the ability to play D1 basketball, but I didn't have the heart so I ended up in D2. I hope Gibbs has/finds, the heart, or he'll be on the pine at bama.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Fore those in need of a quick refresh of last year.

A couple of thoughts
1. Defense was actually really solid in the middle and executed better than I remembered. I remembered Clemson shooting themselves in the foot more but we definitely had a hand in that.
3. Sims' athletic ability (and ability to see over the o-line) may really help us out
4. We need to onside kick it coming out of half (if we are kicking) just for the heck of it
5.The shovel pass play at the end just hurt...... Should have given it to Mason again and let our most aggressive player try to punch it in again

What I've got from this is they lose a lot more things and we gain in some areas. This game will be within 2TD's garunteed

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I feel the same way, about this game and all last season. I just can't remember a game where Gibbs put the team on his back and said come with me! (see Sims in our game vs UNC) No knock on his ability. But ability is different than heart. At 7ft, I had the ability to play D1 basketball, but I didn't have the heart so I ended up in D2. I hope Gibbs has/finds, the heart, or he'll be on the pine at bama.
Gibbs had less that three yards per carry against Clemson and Duke, and one yard per carry against Pitt. I know the OL was suspect, but those aren't superstar numbers.

We out gained our first 4 opponents last year, and that includes Clemson. After that injuries started to set in and we struggled. Hopefully, we'll have fewer injuries and better depth this year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs had less that three yards per carry against Clemson and Duke, and one yard per carry against Pitt. I know the OL was suspect, but those aren't superstar numbers.

We out gained our first 4 opponents last year, and that includes Clemson. After that injuries started to set in and we struggled. Hopefully, we'll have fewer injuries and better depth this year.
I too hope we have fewer injuries ( er,Sims) but the hope for better depth may be a dream.WE have few positions that actually have proven players much less 2nd/3rd unit depth..