Week 1 CFB Thread Anyone?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Here's what "The Best Opening Weekend in History" has shown me.

While these matchups are fun for fans and good for TV they are no where near the best competition. We make fun of the dress rehearsal games but they truly are needed for teams to work out gameday kinks that make it for a low offense opening weekend.
Agree teams should be playing like South Alabama or somebody.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Let's take a look at the SEC East, shall we?
South Carolina beats Vanderbilt 13-10
Tennessee Pulls out and OT win against App State 20-13
Florida enters the 4th quarter up 10-7 on UMass
Kentucky is up 35-31 on Southern Miss in the 3rd

If Kirby Smart doesn't go to the SEC championship game in his first year, then uga fans should be irate. I'll give them credit, at least they played a good opponent in game 1. The rest of these teams are barely surviving against G5 opponents.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Let's take a look at the SEC East, shall we?
South Carolina beats Vanderbilt 13-10
Tennessee Pulls out and OT win against App State 20-13
Florida enters the 4th quarter up 10-7 on UMass
Kentucky is up 35-31 on Southern Miss in the 3rd

If Kirby Smart doesn't go to the SEC championship game in his first year, then uga fans should be irate. I'll give them credit, at least they played a good opponent in game 1. The rest of these teams are barely surviving against G5 opponents.
And when they all beat up on each other this year it's because the SEC is all so good and it's impossible for a team to go undefeated in the SEC.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
A whole lot of teams lost games they on paper never should have. Makes me glad we're 1-0.

This year may be whomever survives not who is the prettiest at surviving.

BisonJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I loved some of the FCS/FBS matchups this week (but I'm a big FCS fan), opposed to some of these 70-3 beatdowns. I would kill to see North Dakota State in Atlanta.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Great thread that I was going to start if someone else didn't.

How about UVa down 16-7 at half to the FCS power house Richmond @ UVa????

I'm interested to see how our future opponents do this weekend since a bowl may be challenging. Mercer is the easiest. Then maybe on BC level: Vandy, UVa and Ga Southern. After that I have no idea how good teams will be. VT didn't do that good against Liberty. It is great to have NCAAF back on!!
After our win, I made the quick-ish trip to Charlottesville to see UVA begin the Mendenhall era. TWO dominant thoughts as the game played out:
1) UVA is a bad football team in every phase.
2) I wish we were playing UVA next.

We'll see if Mendenhall can salvage some bright spots as season goes on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What a game tonite. TX has a dynamic little QB and a Mack truck backing him up who just absolutely trucked about 12 ND defenders on a 3rd and 1. One defender, former GT target Avery (Walls) Sebastian is still down. What a run.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a game tonite. TX has a dynamic little QB and a Mack truck backing him up who just absolutely trucked about 12 ND defenders on a 3rd and 1. One defender, former GT target Avery (Walls) Sebastian is still down. What a run.

And ND lost. Just checked it out. Other than the UGAg win, a pretty good weekend.

Gotta root for Clem's son tonight.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
A 1-loss (to CU) GT will beat an undefeated CU in ACCCG, while CU is FSU's only loss. All the other Pwr5 conf champs will have 2 losses. Bama's only loss will be to a 2loss TN in SEC cg.

4Team playoff blowed up

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

HookEm ! I can't pull for ND in football until they totally join the ACC. I hope Michigan St, Stanford or somebody knocks them out of the playoff picture because one loss isn't going to do it because they'll ND.

Also, Rudy was OFFSIDES !