Week 0 Line

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
The line has moved down a bit to +12.5/+13 depending on where you look. Not a big difference between that and +13.5, but GT taking money nonetheless.

Look for FSU to run more this year, utilizing two back sets like Norvell did at Memphis with Tony Pollard, Kenny Gainwell, etc. GT Def was the worst P5 rush def in the country, and while I'm excited to see Santucci's scheme I don't see a drastic improvement overnight, or at least in week 0.

FSU Def has the potential to be a top 10 unit. They are not very deep, however, but that should not matter much in week 0. Strength on strength vs GT Off.

I think GT keeps it close. If I had to choose a side I'd go with GT +13 or more. I'm more interested in the under 55.5 however, with the expectation that FSU runs more, controls the clock, and the strength on strength of the GT Offense vs FSU Defense.

It’s a good sign that it’s moving down. I greatly enjoy overthinking things… typically more action is on the favorites and is true for F$U so it’s always interesting when the line moves the other way.

I play way more unders than overs but early weeks scare me from unders since tackling in general isn’t stellar to start the seasons.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Mods — can we please change the title of this thread? Every time I see it, I read it as "Weak O-line" and feel the compelling urge to step into the thread to chastise the OP for trash-talking our offense. ;)

I'll just redirect you...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
PLACING STRONG OL HER.
If our OL is truly strong they could pass block straight up (not the RPO) the QB will often get a clean pocket at 5 seconds. Most people know the gt ol transition has been painful. They will not have ant clue that our WEEK 1 oline could be strong. That has not happened at GT in 10 years (2014). This could really stop the tight coverage and let qb read the field.

Fingers crossed.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree, maybe. Because this is pretty much exactly what happened at Duke when Santucci was their DC. With the same players they improved dramatically, especially in scoring D. Which, btw, is the only D stat that counts.

But we'll see soon enough.
I see a more dramatic improvment in the fact I think we'll see less explosive plays allowed