Wednesday update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Chris Griffin still out...would label him as doubtful.

Leggett traveling.

Marshall has been practicing at T this week.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I never saw what kind of injury Griffin is dealing with, can you share? Is he day to day or is it worse than that?
I don't think this one has yet been specified by the coaching staff (CPJ). Honestly, I think that coaches never bother to ask players if they can disclose their injuries but given the rules on keeping medical info private that means that until a media member actually goes up to the injured player and asks them we don't get to find out.

I think it has less to do with coaches complying with the law than the fact that they are never gonna be bothered to say "hey Griff, can I go ahead and tell Ken Suguira what part of you got injured when he asks me this week?" It amuses me to think of CPJ having legalistic convos like that with the players. :)

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Eric what is Ted Roof's opinion/stance on where they are as a defensive unit? I wAs some what surprised to hear CPJ come after the D specifically and try to speculate on how to improve getting QB pressure. Would have preferred for it to come straight from the man he hired to run the D. Has Roof talked at length to the press a about it at all this year? If you or Boomer had a opportunity to talk to him what would you say? Suggest?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fromayan came in at 3:46 in the third Q and played the rest of the UNC game. He did pretty good. I could see him starting and Marshall being back up for both.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I don't think this one has yet been specified by the coaching staff (CPJ). Honestly, I think that coaches never bother to ask players if they can disclose their injuries but given the rules on keeping medical info private that means that until a media member actually goes up to the injured player and asks them we don't get to find out.

I think it has less to do with coaches complying with the law than the fact that they are never gonna be bothered to say "hey Griff, can I go ahead and tell Ken Suguira what part of you got injured when he asks me this week?" It amuses me to think of CPJ having legalistic convos like that with the players. :)
Bruce I don't think I've ever heard CPJ elaborate on any player's injury. He either says "He's fine" or "He's still out". HIPAA is a federal law so I bet it's his policy to not provide details period. I agree with you that he doesn't ask the player if it's ok to discuss the injury, but I think he just keeps it simple and doesn't provide details.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Our something else, I remember in a press conference when asked about o'riely coach didn't seem to thrilled about him, no change in that yet Eric

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
For a guy that almost won the center position, that's very odd. But in the CPJ era coaches often go from super high on a guy to hating his guts so it appears to be par for the course.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For a guy that almost won the center position, that's very odd. But in the CPJ era coaches often go from super high on a guy to hating his guts so it appears to be par for the course.

I don't think it's fair to speculate. It could be that some guys respond to getting beat out for playing time by saying, "I'm going to show them in practice that they made the wrong choice," while others get angry and say, "It doesn't matter."