Wednesday a Big Day for GT Basketball

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This is just horrible, I'm only in my mid 30's and grew up at the tail end of Cremins and the glory years of Hewitt. Now I have gone through the end of Hewitt and Gregory... I hope when I am old, I look back and call this the "Dark days" of GT basketball.

There is just no excuse for our team to be this bad. Apathy in the fan base is incredible... I wonder if MBob still thinks we are making progress

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is just horrible, I'm only in my mid 30's and grew up at the tail end of Cremins and the glory years of Hewitt. Now I have gone through the end of Hewitt and Gregory... I hope when I am old, I look back and call this the "Dark days" of GT basketball.

There is just no excuse for our team to be this bad. Apathy in the fan base is incredible... I wonder if MBob still thinks we are making progress

Same here. At least you got to see the Lethal Weapon days. Good times, good times.

I was watching MichSt v Iowa the other day and was jealous at the team/support in freakin' Iowa. There's not much to do there so I know that has something to do with them having a packed house that night. Still though, they play such better ball than we do. Same at Wichita St., Creighton, St. Louis, Iowa St., UMass, Wisconsin ... The list goes on. Absolutely no excuse for us to be so ... meh as a program for so long. Our arena is called the Thrillerdome for a reason. Time to get back to that.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Well if we have the same or a worse product on the floor next year I hope we put up some big $ and get a well established coach. I'm talking about the kind of $ where we could pull a real coach away from his dream job. MBob is a basketball guy, and I assume having the basketball team in the tournament every year is one of his priorities.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
cheering for Tech is like Meth, crazy addictive but will kill you. I can't seem to stay away. The basketball team makes me want to gouge my eyes out with spoons sometimes. I think a change will have to be made after next year. I don't even want to think what next year's attendance will look like.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I know how to fill the stadium really easily. Take away half of the season ticket seats, consolidate them because lets be honest next year we may have like 3,000 season ticket holders if we're lucky. Keep 1000 for general admission. Make the rest of the seating the student section and give the students free food so they show up. IMO anywhere there is free food, students will come

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
What happened to having role players? It seems like CBG wants the all around type guys and those type players are hard to find. Get back to having role players that do 1 or 2 things really well. Instead of guys that are just ok at everything. Zac Peacock, Anthony Morrow, Ish Mohammed. Role players mixed in with true PG and Daniel Miller type.center and youve got a productive group