We won. Not the best win though.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Tough weekend, losing two of three to teams who are not expected to be much of anything. Pitching MUST be better for us to play winning baseball. Defense today let us down, as we allowed only 1 earned run, so we "should have" won 2-1. That is how GT is going to have to do it this year...a 4 run deficit is likely going to be insurmountable for this team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a depressing start to the season. Lost to 2 of 3 light weights. I've been scrubbing my garage floor to repaint -- at least that took out some of the frustration. :banghead:

It should only get better from here????? :spitoutdummy:

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There are no excuses for this team to be in this situation. Danny Hall has been at Tech plenty long enough to not have to rely on freshman to carry a team. His coaching and lack of planning is going to show big time this year. When you base the success of your offense on how many homeruns you hit, at some point it is going to bite you and bite hard. This program has been in steady decline for years and we are now seeing the fruit of Danny Hall's labor the last few years. Tech's motto wait until the young guys get experience is getting old. You can only cry "were young" so many times before it begins to fall on deaf ears. I am as passionate a Tech baseball fan as there is. I've seen Tech baseball go from nothing to a national power house. Danny Hall has gotten to comfortable with his job and mediocrity is creeping in.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey Midlands. Good to see you over here too.

Mediocrity is the hallmark of our three major varsity sports. Baseball is the best; I'll reserve judgement on this team for a few more weeks. But this weekend stunk. The worst start I can remember in decades.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Midlands. Good to see you over here too.

Mediocrity is the hallmark of our three major varsity sports. Baseball is the best; I'll reserve judgement on this team for a few more weeks. But this weekend stunk. The worst start I can remember in decades.
The scary thing is Tech in the past couple of years has started off with a bang and faded at the end of the season. If they get off to a slow start, the ACC schedule is going to eat them up. Again, there is no excuse for this happening.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The scary thing is Tech in the past couple of years has started off with a bang and faded at the end of the season. If they get off to a slow start, the ACC schedule is going to eat them up. Again, there is no excuse for this happening.

That's what scares me. A slow start AND having to play the ACC schedule. We need the bats to get going, especially off of what should be "weaker" pitching.
I know we have a boatload of Freshmen and Sophomores, but hopefully things pick up this weekend.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Mediocrity is the hallmark of our three major varsity sports. Baseball is the best; I'll reserve judgement on this team for a few more weeks.

Danny Hall has gotten to comfortable with his job and mediocrity is creeping in.

You "mediocrity" guys just love to beat your drum wherever possible don't you? Relax. It's a game of fluctuations. A weekend or two does not a season make.