We need our thing

RighteousFist

Georgia Tech Fan
I always thought our pregame was pretty good. My memory is a little sketchy, but it used to go something like this:
-Band plays Bud at the fountain, then march down the hill and concert at Callaway Plaza
-In the stadium, starting lineups to Put On (or later, All I Do is Win) (, )
-Band pregame, then White and Gold and Ramblin Wreck from the big GT formation on the field
-Wreck comes out
-Buzz intro and jumps into the goalpost
-Zombie Nation history video to Toe Meets Leather (https://youtu.be/NsEkSaE9l9s?si=nkakSbfqWIIAxICE)

That history video was great when it came out in the early/mid 2000s, but they just kept tacking mediocre highlights onto the end and I think it fizzled out.

We have some good content that we've used before. It could be good again.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
So how do we get folks in stands early? Ludicrous?
I think it’s all kind of ludicrous. We have a great entrance behind the wreck with the band playing Rambling Wreck from GA Tech, one of the most recognizable college fight songs. What’s not to like?

As has been said, the main lack is crown noise, but on those big game nights BDS can be a crazy, noisy place. Get the program quality back where it belongs and get butts back in seats. Get GT competing for ACC champs again and the noise will come. 2009 VPI game is a great example.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s all kind of ludicrous. We have a great entrance behind the wreck with the band playing Rambling Wreck from GA Tech, one of the most recognizable college fight songs. What’s not to like?

As has been said, the main lack is crown noise, but on those big game nights BDS can be a crazy, noisy place. Get the program quality back where it belongs and get butts back in seats. Get GT competing for ACC champs again and the noise will come. 2009 VPI game is a great example.
This 100%. We just need to start winning and get our fans back (or new ones). I do think some pregame mini-concerts would help get the crowd in the stadium earlier and fired up

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Enter Sandman falls flat when VT is 3-6 about to play a 4-4 Wake Forest team

But who could forget this classic?

IMG_5300.jpeg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
2 years before we are in Gator bowl.
Issues in 17 but Coach given contract extension.
2018 start with hopes and we beat crap out of alcorn, then loose 2 heart breakers on road to usf and pitt. Return to face Clemson. After first quarter they took out Qb and inserted Treveor Lawrence . In 2nd qt they score 21, we fight and score 21, but at end of game Lawrence throws another pass = 49-21.

So here is a PICTURE Wrek coming on field as we get ready to play and slaughter a young Bowling Green Team.
Recruiting kids to play at a Stadium with this level of fan support is impossible.

Attachments

• wrek 9 29 2018.jpg
    wrek 9 29 2018.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 66

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
What else can you do in Blacksburg? Took my youngest son there on his prospective college tour. The main thing they raved about was their food. Thought that a little odd. I did work with a couple of VT engineers that were excellent technically. No complaints with the EE grads I worked with.
I have tons of respect for the VPI engineers I've worked with. They are fine technicians.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

This might be kind of niche but just remembered this song existed and it's one of my favorite tension building instrumentals, perfect for an intro.

✅Tension
✅ Driving drum beat
✅ Lengthy build
✅ Drop (1:25)

W/ vocals:

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Used to be the Band Directors would get suggestions/requests from students, coaches and players for whatever hype songs were "in" for that year. They'd write an arrangement and roll them out for the season as cheers to play during the game.

Some worked better than others, as can be expected when trying to convert some rap songs to instrumentals, but if the practice still continues, I think we're only a magical game/season/atmosphere away from potentially achieving that organic "thing" we're looking for from this very approach.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Change pace with me for a second.
You know how VT has enter sandman, Bama has Dixieland delight, Wisconsin jump around, Michigan Mr. Brightside. In 4 years when Tech is preseason top 25 and Bobby Dodd is filled back up, i wish we had something like that. Yes we do have Budweiser, and it’s awesome, but for something more. What are some yalls ideas for a song or chant or something. I’m liking the idea of Ramblin man by the Allman Brothers (song about Georgia and you know our whole ramble thing) but I’m not sure it’s hype enough for a stadium entrance. Maybe something by OutKast? Atliens?(André 3000 is a fan) idk. Thought it would be a fun ask.
I have two ideas,

First, Kernkraft 400. Yes Penn State also has it but they used to play that song with a video of the history of GT football on the scoreboard before the team took the field, and it was awesome and the students really got into it. They still play it before kickoffs today so we might as well embrace it, not as our own, as many other schools play it, but we should lean into it.

Second is a song that’s already established in Tech lore because of its popularity during the 2009 ACC title run, ALL THE WAY TURNT UP!!!! Imagine if we brought that back, how annoying that could be for opposing offenses. It’s third down, the band is playing chords, and over the speakers you hear
ALL THE WAY TURNT UP
ALL THE WAY TURNT UP
ALL THE WAY TURNT UP

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love the ideas of the music FROM THE BAND AND PA SYSTEM. ( Quirky things like the Horse, Budwieser, Bee running into Goal post to start the game are not my favorite - but not a big negative)

In the movie remember the titans the racial divide on team began to heal when 2 defensive end did their on cheer - East side West side.. ""They owned it"".

Assuming we are not going to college presidents conference and we want espn / accn to make money showing enthusiastic GT fans in between plays, an almost free idea of a thing we can all own follows:

In 2009 vt the East Stands cheered YELLOW and the West Stands cheered JACKETS. (We were sitting in North upper deck - wife yelled yellow to me and i yelled jackets back to her but it stadium was so loud we cojld not hear each other. The stadium was united. BAND PLAYED RAMBLIN wrek till the goal post came down ).

A modest proposal to ADD PHYISICAL to make Y J owned by BD Stadium

1. Brand the stands - in concession areas - paint bright WHITE back ground put 1000's of Labels - Yellow on East and Jackets on West. U sit with your tribe of gt fans.

2. Brand the ticket buyers With season tickets give WHITE "GT" tee shirts on front but on back have EAST added "Yellow!" and West add "Jackets" . Sell cheap version at games. Wear to white out

3. Brand the event in tech way= Done bt Gt students = Have small aqustic measuing drone be centered over field. Have it transmit sound level DBA number to jumbotron while taking 360 degree photo. Email seat specific photo with peak dba. Maintain info on gtaa site.

4. Scale to other sports = 1. 2. 3

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
No hate to Welcome to Atlanta - it’s an Atlanta classic for sure but throw the whole intro away (except the Reck) and try again.

This is a special team and special season. We all want to get chills as the Reck leaves the tunnel and whatever they are doing now isn’t it.

Darthdad

Georgia Tech Fan
If you're looking specifically for a song, I'm partial to Budweiser since it's crowd participation. But if you just want something to hype people up then a good highlight reel can do that, perhaps better than any song. Include clips from Miracle on North Avenue; Miracle on Techwood Drive; Willie Burks INT return v. UGA; a Shawn Jones TD run; Scott Sisson's game winner v. UVA; the game winner from Ireland; etc.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What else can you do in Blacksburg? Took my youngest son there on his prospective college tour. The main thing they raved about was their food. Thought that a little odd. I did work with a couple of VT engineers that were excellent technically. No complaints with the EE grads I worked with.
“What else can you do in Blacksburg?” was exactly what I was thinking.

Atlanta is a funny, kind of jaded town. Some remember an earlier time when the main thrills were the Atlanta Crackers, the zoo, and going to Piedmont Park. There were no pro teams and the only fine dining was Coach and Six. Crowds were less jaded then but even so there was an article contrasting Tech fans with fans of other college teams saying we were prone to offering “polite applause.”

If it happens at Tech it will happen organically, the way it always has. Just my opinion.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
Change pace with me for a second.
You know how VT has enter sandman, Bama has Dixieland delight, Wisconsin jump around, Michigan Mr. Brightside. In 4 years when Tech is preseason top 25 and Bobby Dodd is filled back up, i wish we had something like that. Yes we do have Budweiser, and it’s awesome, but for something more. What are some yalls ideas for a song or chant or something. I’m liking the idea of Ramblin man by the Allman Brothers (song about Georgia and you know our whole ramble thing) but I’m not sure it’s hype enough for a stadium entrance. Maybe something by OutKast? Atliens?(André 3000 is a fan) idk. Thought it would be a fun ask.
The Budweiser Song?