We got to get fans in the stands!!!

GTBlaze

Banned
After watching a lot of games over the weekend and especially the FSU game tonight. That place was rocking and they showed out in droves and the players responded to it and gave them a will to fight . I personally feel like if we had that kind of atmosphere the players would play a whole lot harder and wound care a whole lot more Bc they bust they *** all year long and the first game they play in is 26 thousand empty seats stadium at night in prime time that got to be like a slap in they face and drain the life out them to the point to why should they care if the fans don’t care. We are as much to blame as the coaches and players are!!!!
The game day atmosphere is on the same level as a high school jamboree

the tailgating was a joke and for a season ticket holder, I do not appreciate the fact that I am squished in like a sardine when there were 20,000 vacant seats in the building.

total waste of money

the sound system in the stadium sucks

the money down crap is cheesy

the concessions are a joke

everything about the game day experience was embarrassing

I won’t be back even if we win every game the rest of the season because watching a game squished in like sardines was very uncomfortable

I can’t imagine if the three other people with my tickets were fat and overweight how more miserable it would have been

ACC85

Georgia Tech Fan
After watching a lot of games over the weekend and especially the FSU game tonight. That place was rocking and they showed out in droves and the players responded to it and gave them a will to fight . I personally feel like if we had that kind of atmosphere the players would play a whole lot harder and wound care a whole lot more Bc they bust they *** all year long and the first game they play in is 26 thousand empty seats stadium at night in prime time that got to be like a slap in they face and drain the life out them to the point to why should they care if the fans don’t care. We are as much to blame as the coaches and players are!!!!
But it was a White Out. I don't understand. Doesn't that bring out the fans?

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Ditto. I live in Dougherty and my very small Presbyterian church has produced not one, not two, but three cum laude graduates of Georgia Tech who had the added benefit of having me as their Sunday school teacher...ahem. I have two friends that I play tennis with who are Tech graduates and manage to go to a couple of games a year as well They are out there, even in a dwag infested swamp like Albany.
Ditto. I live in Dougherty and my very small Presbyterian church has produced not one, not two, but three cum laude graduates of Georgia Tech who had the added benefit of having me as their Sunday school teacher...ahem. I have two friends that I play tennis with who are Tech graduates and manage to go to a couple of games a year as well They are out there, even in a dwag infested swamp like Albany.
I’ll have to attend your Sunday School class sometime. Do you teach “the good word.”?

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Winning? That's old school. The only things that matter are branding and better concessions. Louder piped-in music. Louder PA system. Beer gardens. Sky boxes. Armchair seats with cupholders. Activities for the kids. Circus atmosphere. You get the picture.
Maybe we can be the most woke program?

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Winning? That's old school. The only things that matter are branding and better concessions. Louder piped-in music. Louder PA system. Beer gardens. Sky boxes. Armchair seats with cupholders. Activities for the kids. Circus atmosphere. You get the picture.
Good point, why do the Detroit lions sell out?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
But this was the first game of season with no idea how we would look and as from a player perspective it got to be deflating as a player after working so hard in offseason to see the stadium half empty. I’m sure they wasn’t pumped up as much if it was a full house. Nebraska stunk it up the first game and their coach is more on the hot seat than ours and they still sold out the game. We the fans are just as much the blame as the players are . The sooner we realize that the sooner we may get things turn around. Believe it or not the fans bases controls a lot more than you think!!!
Well, I'll just say they dam* well need to perform better for the fans who are in the stands! Which includes myself and on Saturday my son, to not do so is asinine.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Given the realities discussed above, we need to decrease capacity by getting rid of the upper north stands which will push those fans into the east stands. I know it is an expensive proposition, it it will enable the stadium to be more full for regular home games and prevent the stadium from looking like a home game for UGA and Clemson when they come to town.
Wrong answer, imo... We need more fans, not less space.

slugboy

Staff member
Good point, why do the Detroit lions sell out?
I’m not sure they really do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ford Field has a capacity of 65k seats, which isn’t much bigger than BDS. Average attendance is 61k (pre-COVID). They’re a ‘respectable’ 95%, but professional sports teams are a bit weird about their attendance numbers. They’re 24th in the league—down in the bottom third, with one of the smallest stadiums. The Falcons had 73k per game in 2019. (http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2018).

Who knows how much of their attendance is corporate purchases?

The biggest college teams will pull more fans, but an NFL team should generally pull more fans than most college teams. College teams in Miami, Houston, Chicago, Boston, and your typical “major city” universities don’t seem to have massive attendance.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ok but how do you turn a non alumnus person into a fan?
Win! Almost everyone loves a winner and wants to be associated with them.

Also, some alumni need to get over the cockiness of thinking that if you didn't attend GT that you are not worthy.

Until we start winning and being a Top 25 program, it doesn't hurt to mention that GT has a smaller pool of eligible players to pick from 😉