We Can't Have Nice Things

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
You're taking this personally. And by this I mean a completely hypothetical situation where we don't know anything yet.

You'd be ok with him going to Bama but not to Clemson, which makes absolutely zero sense dude. It's a huge step up. Even if it's UGA it's a huge step up. You wouldn't take a job at Ruth Chris if you're tending at Applebees even though they're technically the competition? Put yourself in his shoes.
ugag and Clem's son is NOT a huge step up from GT if I thought GT was such a lowfootball program and these cheating programs are so great maybe you need to pull for one of them instead of GT .

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Hypothetically speaking if we lost CMAC who does CPJ or Woody go after to replace him? Would it be another coach from a lower division program/school pursued again or do the coaches have someone in mind that has a STRONG recruiting background with proven success on the field on the defensive side of the ball?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Hypothetically speaking if we lost CMAC who does CPJ or Woody go after to replace him? Would it be another coach from a lower division program/school pursued again or do the coaches have someone in mind that has a STRONG recruiting background with proven success on the field on the defensive side of the ball?

BY GOD, IS THAT CALVIN JOHNSON's Music! or more specifically i think Daryl Smith is retired, he might be interested in coaching linebackers might be worth a thought.

Milwaukee

Banned
ugag and Clem's son is NOT a huge step up from GT if I thought GT was such a lowfootball program and these cheating programs are so great maybe you need to pull for one of them instead of GT .

Well done. Solid, well thought out post. Throw Bama and Ohio State in there while you're at it. We're pretty much even with all these schools, I don't know what I was thinking there for a minute.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Interested to know if PJ negotiated better deals for his assistants in his contract negotiations. He better take care of his best assistants and recruiting is his life blood for success. I don't care what offense you run. You have to have the players to compete at D1 level.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Interested to know if PJ negotiated better deals for his assistants in his contract negotiations. He better take care of his best assistants and recruiting is his life blood for success. I don't care what offense you run. You have to have the players to compete at D1 level.

One of the first things that CPJ flagged after Stansbury arrived was the assistant coach salary pool, and there were significant raises given prior to the season. Doubt that another big bump would be given so soon, but increasing the headcount is obviously in the works.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I figured that UGA would try to poach Coach Andy McCollum - I actually figured that they'd try and hire him at linebackers coach rather than as special teams coordinator, but this hire would fit Coach Kirby Smart's MO (his mantra and coaching philosophy revolves around hiring the best recruiters available). I know personally a few Georgia fans who would be overjoyed at this hire, but if we were to lose both Roof and McCollum, that'd be a big hit to our recruiting capabilities as a program. I don't think it happens, but we'll see. I will update if the situation changes

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well done. Solid, well thought out post. Throw Bama and Ohio State in there while you're at it. We're pretty much even with all these schools, I don't know what I was thinking there for a minute.

Your new “BAMA” hat is in the mail. Freely given to all new tide fans....not to be confused with a “MAGA” hat.:D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I figured that UGA would try to poach Coach Andy McCollum - I actually figured that they'd try and hire him at linebackers coach rather than as special teams coordinator, but this hire would fit Coach Kirby Smart's MO (his mantra and coaching philosophy revolves around hiring the best recruiters available). I know personally a few Georgia fans who would be overjoyed at this hire, but if we were to lose both Roof and McCollum, that'd be a big hit to our recruiting capabilities as a program. I don't think it happens, but we'll see. I will update if the situation changes

Did I miss some news that UGA is trying to lure CAM?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
WTH was that?
Sorry, I must have pasted in the wrong thing. It's just a link to a very popular (and safe) Chrome extension that keeps client-side java scripts from running unless you want them to. Sometimes sites use scripts do things like put up annoying popups or otherwise get in the way of your browsing experience. ;)

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but who loses assistants who have been at a school for 8 years to a lateral position at an instate rival? Mac going to UGA would be completely different than anything I think I can remember.
Then you must have blacked out when Doug "Benedict" Marrone bolted for Ugag then promptly referred to GT as "Pepsi" and Ugag as "Coke" in explaining the move.

Sorry, I must have pasted in the wrong thing. It's just a link to a very popular (and safe) Chrome extension that keeps client-side java scripts from running unless you want them to. Sometimes sites use scripts do things like put up annoying popups or otherwise get in the way of your browsing experience. ;)
But does it enable you to access a subscription site without a subscription?