We ain't dead yet

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last week was a resurrection. Sorry, we held the wake here after the Pitt game. Gave too many brain cells to call it back. Now to carry the mo on through UVa.

Great inspiration by DM. He is the best and you see shots during the game of him pumping up or consoling players. I can't wait to watch him live tomorrow! Just want a comfortable win though.

Declinometer

Banned
Stewart made a nice adjustment on the ball to make that catch look easy. I didn't realize from all of the other angles that he had to veer to the sideline to make the catch.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
And now ... we're dead.

Way to follow up a great video with a wretched performance.

I was kicked off a board for pointing out that we needed to follow it up. There was too much attention on the win against FSU and ESPN following Austin around and all the other crap lead to a lack of focus. The offense is horrible and that's CPJ's calling card.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was kicked off a board for pointing out that we needed to follow it up. There was too much attention on the win against FSU and ESPN following Austin around and all the other crap lead to a lack of focus. The offense is horrible and that's CPJ's calling card.

Unfortunately, this is correct.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was kicked off a board for pointing out that we needed to follow it up. ........ The offense is horrible and that's CPJ's calling card.

Glad you can post here because we need different views; otherwise only need The Hive.

The O is not good this year, but over the 8 years CPJ has been here your statement that the O is horrible is not supported by the statistics. Maybe the O has been "figured out" by better D line holding to prevent second level blocking or something. But that is speculation which we'll have to wait till next year to start to confirm. Right now we just have a dumpster fire that won't go out.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad you can post here because we need different views; otherwise only need The Hive.

The O is not good this year, but over the 8 years CPJ has been here your statement that the O is horrible is not supported by the statistics. Maybe the O has been "figured out" by better D line holding to prevent second level blocking or something. But that is speculation which we'll have to wait till next year to start to confirm. Right now we just have a dumpster fire that won't go out.
So true. I can't remember seeing as many negative plays since PJ has been here..... guess that means this is the worst offense under PJ?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I am still going to wait a day to let the smoke clear some, but this is pretty much on target in my opinion. The O line play has been bad against good athletes, meaning the Clemsons, FSUs and Virginias of this world. The better athletes always win. DCs have seen enough this year to know to send the house, sell out and take chances we can't get deep before they are in Thomas's wheelhouse. Time and again he has had to make an option decision before he is ready, meaning there is no clear decision there, resulting in backs getting mauled behind the line, or force him to throw off his back foot and moving backward to get downfield. The O line that was supposed to be a strength is the biggest weakness. They seemingly do not know who to block, or whether they should -- the guy flying past looking for a QB's head for the trophy case is often just ignored because by golly they are supposed to block somebody in the second level. That, bad blocking on the edge and in pass protection, coupled with Thomas's sudden and frightening tendency to cough it up, together with the downside of Marshall -- he seems to surrender the ball on demand -- does make for the worst offense of Johnson's eight years at Tech. A whole series of games with rushing yardage under 175? Half the plays of the opposition? Still, I'm going to watch a movie, try to figure out why Detroit has the best receiver on the planet but wants to have him lit up as a possession receiver across the middle, meaning his NFL career gets shorter by the week, and why Denver writers are whining about Demarius Thomas's production when he also has become a possession guy. If anybody knows holler at me and save me some time.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
And apropos of absolutely nothing except the weirdness and improbability of it all, convince me that "Jim Bob Cooter" -- the new Detroit OC -- is not a hall of fame name? Put him in already.