#WCUvsGT Postgame Discussion

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In fairness, GA southern is a MUCH better team than Nebraska.
I feel sorry for Scott Frost. A living legend, former star quarterback coming back home to raise a once proud program up from the ashes. It was not meant to be. Sad really, but he is set for life so there is that. Seems it was just yesterday that he was the golden boy who was number one on every big time program's short list with a vacancy after a stellar career as head coach at UCF. Among others, Florida badly wanted him but the lure of "Mama calling" as Bear Bryant once put it was too much to ignore.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
First downs are not counted as points as for the nearly 400 yards of total offense and 40 minute time of possession all of those style points got wiped away by 4 sacks and the multiple turnovers as well as 10, count em, tackles for loss. We played relatively clean and were able to effectively run the ball which makes the life of any quarterback a whole lot easier.
Weird because stats at Bobby Dodd had WCU over 450 yds and now I see them at 390. I think they were closer to 450 than 390.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I feel sorry for Scott Frost. A living legend, former star quarterback coming back home to raise a once proud program up from the ashes. It was not meant to be. Sad really, but he is set for life so there is that. Seems it was just yesterday that he was the golden boy who was number one on every big time program's short list with a vacancy after a stellar career as head coach at UCF. Among others, Florida badly wanted him but the lure of "Mama calling" as Bear Bryant once put it was too much to ignore.
I’m neutral on Nebraska mostly but it absolutely must suck to come home to your program and run it into the ground rather than resurrect it. I also thought Frost would be a great hire... I’m not involved enough to know what is / has gone wrong, but it’s bad...

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is not a smart thing to do as a head coach. However, does anyone think there is a possibility we practiced more for Ole Miss over the past four days, rather than for Western Carolina?
My wild guess is we practiced a lot of fundamental stuff having to do with our own execution, things that would apply to any opponent.
A new item from tonight imo would be screen pass recognition on defense.
But some things were cleaned up i.e. I recall only one false start late in game, plus maybe one offsides.
Hey we won - on a crazy day of upsets, we weren’t among them.
Looking forward to Ole Miss.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Look we have seen these games terribly for us in the past. I think we have more positives to take from this than negatives. It keeps the guys on the field hungry and plenty to improve on.

Looking at positives:
- We won by multiple touchdowns
- One false start
- No blocked punts
- WCU didn’t score in the second half
- D. Smith is a stud

Negatives:
- It was close for too long
- Sims inconsistent

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
My wild guess is we practiced a lot of fundamental stuff having to do with our own execution, things that would apply to any opponent.
A new item from tonight imo would be screen pass recognition on defense.
But some things were cleaned up i.e. I recall only one false start late in game, plus maybe one offsides.
Hey we won - on a crazy day of upsets, we weren’t among them.
Looking forward to Ole Miss.

There were no false starts or illegal substitution penalties on the Offense last night. All our penalties were courtesy of the defense.