Way Too Early Starting Lineup vs Clemson

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If you don’t think the prize recruit of Collins first class won’t see significant time at RB you are nuts. Collins is building so the young guys will play significant minutes all over the field.

He will play the best at each position or he’s nuts. And I don’t think he’s nuts. I also don’t think he has to award playing time to get players to buy in. They seem to be bought in before the spring game much less game one.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If we “don’t” we are well and truly effed. It’s our deepest and most talented position group by far.
We’ve been deep at RB for the past 10 years but what I was really getting at is our best seasons (09’, 14’, 16’) were seasons where we had true above average Talent at the position.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The positions that concern me the most are QB, DL, LB, & OL in that order. If any of those play poorly for an entire season, it will be a long year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The positions that concern me the most are QB, DL, LB, & OL in that order. If any of those play poorly for an entire season, it will be a long year.

QB has so much talent and athleticism I’m not very worried about that spot. I actually think there is a decent chance at least one will move to another position to bolster another group.

My biggest concerns coming in were at DL, LB, and WR. Now I’m equally concerned with OL with position shifts and unknown faces stepping in there.

slugboy

Staff member
QB has so much talent and athleticism I’m not very worried about that spot. I actually think there is a decent chance at least one will move to another position to bolster another group.

My biggest concerns coming in were at DL, LB, and WR. Now I’m equally concerned with OL with position shifts and unknown faces stepping in there.
My concerns are LB, LB, and LB, assuming a 4-3 base.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My concerns are LB, LB, and LB, assuming a 4-3 base.
From watching the Winter coming and recent practice videos- I think David Curry has transformed his body. Others are doing the same. I am thinking we have multiple formations - 4 2 5 , 4 1 6, 3 2 7. The defense will look a lot faster. Will they go in the right direction???

Dl coordination w alternate rushers must improve a great amount. The dl and lb coordination has been pathetic.

The guys selling coke in the isles well make more money. In the past after a gt touch down , if u hurried u could get to refreshment stand and back before they made it to red zone.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
From watching the Winter coming and recent practice videos- I think David Curry has transformed his body. Others are doing the same. I am thinking we have multiple formations - 4 2 5 , 4 1 6, 3 2 7. The defense will look a lot faster. Will they go in the right direction???

Dl coordination w alternate rushers must improve a great amount. The dl and lb coordination has been pathetic.

The guys selling coke in the isles well make more money. In the past after a gt touch down , if u hurried u could get to refreshment stand and back before they made it to red zone.
3 2 7? I think everyone will start playing that if they could.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm going to go with OC and DC as the two most important positions. If they can really use the pieces they have, we will be OK. I saw Friedgen and Edsall come in an take over struggling, even stagnant, teams and make them special within just a few games. Saw others that shall go unnamed do the opposite and waste a lot of talent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to go with OC and DC as the two most important positions. If they can really use the pieces they have, we will be OK. I saw Friedgen and Edsall come in an take over struggling, even stagnant, teams and make them special within just a few games. Saw others that shall go unnamed do the opposite and waste a lot of talent.
Similarly, CPJ took pro-style OL's and adapted them to his offense and had immediate success. He also adapted non OL's and made them OL's. It can be done.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow

One of the 3 there now will definitely move if Yates can at least hold down the 3rd position, especially with the new redshirt rules. Even more likely if Yates is the real deal and challenges for immediate playing time.

I think Tobias and Graham are the most likely candidates.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
ATL (above the line)

OFFENSE:
QB: Johnson/Graham/Oliver
RB: Mason/Griffin/Benson/Smith
WR: Camp/Ezzard/Dolphus
WR: Carter/Anderson
Slot: Anderson/Brown
TE: Davis/Cooksey/Tukes
RT: Defoor/Clark/Minihan
RG: Southers/Hansen/Maye