Way too early look ahead to 2018

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing Shamire will be a bigger loss than we think. I think a big reason we've done well running the ball is because Shamire is actually playing starter minutes. He is caving in the DL on his side of the field. Pay attention to what side of the OL we run when it's 3rd and short. Don't be surprised to see Shamire drafted if this keeps up.

The sad thing is, this statement has never been not true. Shamire played well last year whenever I saw him play (which wasn't a lot). Everyone seemed to act like Shamire's lack of playing time last year was because of his performance. I suspect there was an ulterior reason behind this. Even if it's a stamina issue, Shamire playing 50% offensive snaps is still a huge asset, and allows us to kick out Will Bryan to tackle or give one of our guards a rest before the #deathmarch.

Finding another guard with the ability to eat human beings + quick footwork is highly unlikely (not to say we can't find a more talented lineman). Here's to enjoying our last season of Shamire.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Seriously?

I remember people being all pumped up for 2015 after our strong late run to end 2014. I seem to recall everyone saying we'd have all our O linemen back (well, except for one). Turns out that one missing piece (Shaq) was a HUGE loss. A 3-9 season ensued.

If you have followed GT football, you should learn to NEVER count your chickens before they hatch (or your wins before the whistle sounds).

Yea I was telling my buddy that as of right now I expect us to win the coastal next year. I hope we win it every year but I expect us to next year.
Every fan at every Coastal team is making the same analysis with their rosters. The usual suspects will all be vying for the division, We are fortunate to have reasons for optimism, tho.