@Wake Sat 2/4 on ACCN

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Also we can't afford to get in foul trouble today. Especially the phantom variety like on that And1 a minute ago. He missed the ft at least

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake should win pretty handily given all the illness and injuries for Tech. Still, if Okogie and Tadric can both get hot then you never know. Probably need a few unlikely shots made by Heyward and McCormick as well. Frankly, if Tech finds a way to win this game it will arguably be the most impressive win this season.
Gotta hand to you. In retrospect you naild it and know your basketball!

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of the health issues and the foul problems we played hard with great effort. That's all I ever want to see a Tech team do. On the positive side Ogbonda played well, and Christian Matthews may have won some more future playing time. He has a very good 3-pt shot, which we need badly. And he plays with a lot of energy. On the down side with no Gueye we could run into these foul problems again. We were very close to having no center, or another couple of fouls and no one over 6-7 as bigs.

slugboy

Staff member
This was tough to watch. Lammers was in foul trouble the minute he walked off of the bus. PG play was junk as well.

Still have to remind myself that we are essentially playing with house money given the preseason expectations.

On one hand, I think you have to reset expectations after seeing what we can do, and I put aside the "house money" idea. On the other, we're banged up and our depth is killing us--lucky to be as far as we are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We did as well as possible given the situation with injuries and fouls.but--(an AWAY game in which we shot MORE FTs!--wow)
Guard shooting-- 3 for 18, UGLY
Okogie is just a warrior--how long til he's hurt taking those fouls
JP has got to get a SR transfer BIG to help next yr

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
On one hand, I think you have to reset expectations after seeing what we can do, and I put aside the "house money" idea. On the other, we're banged up and our depth is killing us--lucky to be as far as we are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Our talent level and depth have ZERO margin for error. We could still play our way into the big dance, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we lost every remaining ACC game. Disappointed but not shocked.

If we could get into the NIT, I'd be ecstatic.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Another rough road game. The ACC is brutal. Without Gueye and Moore, our depth was razor thin. Add on that foul trouble, especially to Lammers...and I feel lucky we weren't blown out of the gym. We had it to 7 with 5 minutes to go, but we just couldn't make the shots to get it any closer. Got some nice minutes from Ogbonda and Matthews, but we needed more from Jackson and Heath tonight. Okogie is a beast.

Go Jackets!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Tech took the court Saturday already disadvantaged. Guard Justin Moore, who has averaged 22.9 minutes per game, was out with an abdominal injury. It was the Jackets’ first game without forward Abdoulaye Gueye, the primary post backup who fractured his left wrist in the loss at Clemson on Wednesday."

Nothing like starting the game with two players that would most likely see some minutes, flat out not available. Through in foul problems and poor shooting and the outcome comes as no surprise...

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I didn't think we could win so neither surprised or disappointed. Far too much to overcome again. And then it turns out to be a Teddy Valentine game so we had no chance as he was determined to foul out everyone. Why hasn't that guy retired by now. Seems like I have had to groan through his officiating for 25 years now at least.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I didn't think we could win so neither surprised or disappointed. Far too much to overcome again. And then it turns out to be a Teddy Valentine game so we had no chance as he was determined to foul out everyone. Why hasn't that guy retired by now. Seems like I have had to groan through his officiating for 25 years now at least.

I wish the chair would have hit him....

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

as soon as i heard that teddy v was going to be our ref i started switching channels. 1. i knew it would be a game i wouldnt enjoy watching. 2. good chance we lose with him as a ref.