@Wake Sat 2/4 on ACCN

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I didn't get to watch the game, but when I looked at the box score and saw that we had 4 players with 4 fouls and Ogbonda had already fouled out, I knew that Ted Valentine was doing the game and we had no shot at winning.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Regardless of the health issues and the foul problems we played hard with great effort. That's all I ever want to see a Tech team do. On the positive side Ogbonda played well, and Christian Matthews may have won some more future playing time. He has a very good 3-pt shot, which we need badly. And he plays with a lot of energy. On the down side with no Gueye we could run into these foul problems again. We were very close to having no center, or another couple of fouls and no one over 6-7 as bigs.

I agree with all the above for the most part. I expected Obonda to be super raw, which he kinda was, but he acquitted himself fairly well despite his rawness.

On Matthews, hmmmm, I still have questions.

So I was watching the game muted. After he hit his first 3, did he turn to the Wake bench and start talking crap to them? That's what it looked like but, like I said, I had the game muted so I don't know if he just happened to look that way or what. I do recall quite vividly him missing a defensive assignment and leading to a guy being left wide open.

Hmmm, I guess I'm still looking for reasons why he hasn't played much. Seems to at least be willing to shoot, which we've desperately needed many times. Man his stroke is funky. If it can be effective then more power to him. I'm hoping to see more of him. May as well let him work through any issues.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Been saying Mathews needs more minutes, especially on a team that is this limited offensively. Could rlly use another person who can put the ball in the bucket.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I agree with all the above for the most part. I expected Obonda to be super raw, which he kinda was, but he acquitted himself fairly well despite his rawness.

On Matthews, hmmmm, I still have questions.

So I was watching the game muted. After he hit his first 3, did he turn to the Wake bench and start talking crap to them? That's what it looked like but, like I said, I had the game muted so I don't know if he just happened to look that way or what. I do recall quite vividly him missing a defensive assignment and leading to a guy being left wide open.

Hmmm, I guess I'm still looking for reasons why he hasn't played much. Seems to at least be willing to shoot, which we've desperately needed many times. Man his stroke is funky. If it can be effective then more power to him. I'm hoping to see more of him. May as well let him work through any issues.
It looked like someone on the Wake bench said something during his shot and he turned back and said something. Honestly, I told my wife the guy on the Wake bench probably called him Steve Urkel or something. I probably would have. Lol. But it looked more like he was talking back at the guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It looked like someone on the Wake bench said something during his shot and he turned back and said something. Honestly, I told my wife the guy on the Wake bench probably called him Steve Urkel or something. I probably would have. Lol. But it looked more like he was talking back at the guy.

Thanks. That's what it seemed like.