Wake @ Georgia Tech (-7)

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Gonna be hard for Syracuse to pull off another big win two weeks in a row, don't we think?
No... They have one of the best WR's in the country and a decent QB. They didn't beat Clemson with smoke and mirrors. I don't think Miami compares to Clemson on Defense either. Outside of the rain, we were running up and down the field pretty well on them. Especially considering that Miami's DBs are dinged up, that's a lot to contend with on the road against a feisty well coached Syracuse team.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If not for a tipped catch (or many other plays) on Saturday, we would have moved to 5-0 under Paul Johnson when we have a Bye week but our opponent doesn't. So SCREW YOU ACC for giving our opponents 20 Bye weeks over coach's 10 years here - TEN EXTRA BYES. Now we have to play a Wake team who had a Bye and then Clemson after that who gets a Bye.
That bye week thing is supposed to end after this season, thanks to Stansbury. It has been totally unfair to us and has likely cost us a number of victories.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
No... They have one of the best WR's in the country and a decent QB. They didn't beat Clemson with smoke and mirrors. I don't think Miami compares to Clemson on Defense either. Outside of the rain, we were running up and down the field pretty well on them. Especially considering that Miami's DBs are dinged up, that's a lot to contend with on the road against a feisty well coached Syracuse team.
So you are predicting another big win by Syracuse a week after their biggest win in along, long time? I think it's more likely a letdown after having to travel to Miami Gardens Sauna.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So you are predicting another big win by Syracuse a week after their biggest win in along, long time? I think it's more likely a letdown after having to travel to Miami Gardens Sauna.

I don't know if you watched the game, but Cuse beat them by more than the score. Now, fwiw, I still think Clemson Clemsoned, but Cuse still had to make the throws and catches.

Deleted member 2897

I don't know if you watched the game, but Cuse beat them by more than the score. Now, fwiw, I still think Clemson Clemsoned, but Cuse still had to make the throws and catches.

Yup, they were closing in on the red zone when Clemson returned a fumble the other way for a score. That's a good play and you can't just wipe it away. But the point is that was a 14 point swing that erased Syracuse's drive all the way down the field. The 27-24 game becomes 34-17 without that. Again, you can't wipe that away, but Syracuse statistically took it to Clemson.

Jmonty71

Banned
I foresee this 7 point gap reducing, as the week goes. I have some friends that do lots of Vegas gambling. They said, it will be more like 5.5 come Friday. Main reason. Nobody knows what to think of our offense. We come out guns blazing in the UT game and since then, it's like crickets.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I foresee this 7 point gap reducing, as the week goes. I have some friends that do lots of Vegas gambling. They said, it will be more like 5.5 come Friday. Main reason. Nobody knows what to think of our offense. We come out guns blazing in the UT game and since then, it's like crickets.
So 400 rush yards a game (except Miami in the rain) isn't blazing?

Jmonty71

Banned
So 400 rush yards a game (except Miami in the rain) isn't blazing?
Not when you can't take those yards and turn them into points and lots of them. Running for 80 yards on a drive, only to fumble it on their 5 (for instance) does nothing on the score board. Just make your stats look good.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Not when you can't take those yards and turn them into points and lots of them. Running for 80 yards on a drive, only to fumble it on their 5 (for instance) does nothing on the score board. Just make your stats look good.
But we've been putting up 30 points a game.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You're right...I didn't watch it. Didn't even know there was a game on. When my Syracuse grad friend told me in the coff shop that next morning that Syr beat Clemson I told him that was the fakiest news I've heard in a long time. I still couldn't believe after looking at my ESPN app on my phone. I had to buy that Mo fo a latte.

Jmonty71

Banned
But we've been putting up 30 points a game.
Running for 400 yards, should yield more than 30. That is just 4 TD's, basically. Just saying... We would and should be scoring more. Heck... we just played a top 50 defense and barely could move the ball for a half. We have a lot more top 50 Ds coming down the pipe.

Jmonty71

Banned
People tend to forget Wake has a decent defense. They will not be an easy W. Luckily, they aren't exactly a high powered offense. As long as we don't turn the ball over more than 2 times, we should win. Then again... I swore if we turned the ball over 0 times, we'd beat Miami. You see how that turned out. Their darn QB had one the the best nights, this year. Not to mention, there was some luck involved.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Running for 400 yards, should yield more than 30. That is just 4 TD's, basically. Just saying... We would and should be scoring more. Heck... we just played a top 50 defense and barely could move the ball for a half. We have a lot more top 50 Ds coming down the pipe.
I'm not arguing that we could score more (I completely agree with you there), but I do feel that 30 points a game and 400 yads rushing is a blazing offense. I mean crickets would be like 14 points a game and 150 yards rushing. JMO. I'm also willing to give the O a little bit of a break for their 2nd half performance against Miami. That rain and the subsequent field conditions were brutal, especially for an offense that requires a lot of traction from its lineman and a backs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Fwiw, by my stats, we just played a top 10 D, and moved it until the downpour.

Deleted member 2897

Everything you are saying makes no sense. Just wanted you to know.

Jmonty71

Banned
Fwiw, by my stats, we just played a top 10 D, and moved it until the downpour.
I don't think Miami will end up with a top 10 D. JMO. I think they are a legitimate top 25 D, however. Which worries me about VT, Clemson and Ugag. All have better Ds than Miami. IMO

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I read it backwards... In Miami, that's a different animal. That said, I don't think it's that big of an upset. They gave LSU all they could handle in the swamp, and thats one of the few teams that has lots more talent than Miami. I still wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

BigJacket

Banned
That bye week thing is supposed to end after this season, thanks to Stansbury. It has been totally unfair to us and has likely cost us a number of victories.

Agree 100%, kudos to CPJ for speaking up about it and getting new rule installed -completely infuriating and unfair how they gave so many teams a bye week before us and then you look at Clemson’s schedule and not one team gets an extra week for them.

Complete hose job by ACC and they acted like it was just coincidental.

GT already has enough disadvantages compared to most other schools like Clemson, FSU, UM, etc you would think they wouldn’t let the other teams continue to add more advantages against us by getting a bye week.

It’s like They’re penazling us for running a unique system, they try to neutralize that by allowing teams to have an extra week of prep for our offense.

Isn’t this second year in a row Clemson has a bye before us? Complete BS, like they need just one more advantage over us to win....what their world class facilities, 40 staff members and highest paid salaries + elite recruiting isn’t enough of an advantage already? Gimme a break ACC....

Ok, I will step off my soap box now.
I hope we make CU pay and knock them out of playoffs , we’re due for a good break or two after those gut wrenching loses and screw job by ACC scheduling staff

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Some other games that might be relevant down the road:
  • Pittsburgh @ Duke (-8)
  • Syracuse @ Miami (-14.5)
  • North Carolina @ VT (-21.5)
  • Boston College @ Virginia (-7)

We win but don't cover the spread.
  • Pittsburgh @ Duke (-8) : Pitt covers spread but loses.
  • Syracuse @ Miami (-14.5) : Cuse covers spread but loses.
  • North Carolina @ VT (-21.5) : UNC covers spread but loses.
  • Boston College @ Virginia (-7) : UVa covers spread and wins.