Wake Game Thread

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Gregory great assistant caliber coach. Any other job in real-world would not keep you around after 4 years of this. Let's move on this weekend, put Herrion as interim and start the search for long-time HC that should have taken place 4 years ago. BCis not an HC, he's had MORE than enough time.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Only hope for me this year is that we get an upset win at home. For those of you that are not students, not sure what there is for you to be excited for this year

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gregory great assistant caliber coach. Any other job in real-world would not keep you around after 4 years of this. Let's move on this weekend, put Herrion as interim and start the search for long-time HC that should have taken place 4 years ago. BCis not an HC, he's had MORE than enough time.

If BG was some kind of scumbag or we had like 2 wins instead of 9, then that's a different story, but those aren't the case. It's not unfair to give the guy enough respect to be removed at the end of the season, if that becomes the plan.

Also, you risk losing the kids mentally.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clicked on this to get a run up on the game from you fine fellows before the game came on. Apparently I missed the game, and another awful loss.

Yeesh...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They have 8 losses, you say they are last only bacause they played puke and Louisville implying they are better than indicated by record.

They have also lost to Del. St, Iona and Ark by 30.

Im just trying to stop sugar coating everyting. Wake is bad, and we are worse.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Just got back from the game.

Here is my in-depth analysis: yuck.

Lawrence Joel Coliseum is a great place to watch a game--top-notch facility.

It was, as usual, ugly basketball. Lots of turnovers and missed shots and missed free throws for both teams. Wake looked a little less ugly because they could hit an open shot from the perimeter. Which, as has been our habit of late, seems to be our M.O.--give the other team open perimeter shots. Our defense has to improve for us to win more ball games. Our usually solid rebounding...wasn't.

Offense actually looked good in the second half--MGH and Mitchell getting aggressive and making plays. Those are by far our two best offensive players. Its a shame both were in foul trouble all game.

Speaking of foul trouble, it was a HORRIBLY officiated game. Lots of calls for the home team. LOTS. Phantom calls on GT, no calls against WF. In the end, though, we didn't lose the game because of refs. We lost the game because we could not get a good defensive stop when we needed it, and we couldn't make a shot when we needed it.

Stinks to be a GT basketball fan right now. This was the first game where I saw some signs of frustration and defeat from the team. I think the two close losses hurt their psyche a bit.

Right now, its win-win. If they win, then great- Go Jackets! If they lose, then we are one step closer to a new coach, which is looking more and more like a win... Either way, I'll keep rooting for them! Go Jackets!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What is even more depressing, in a way, is that we were out-rebounded on both ends. And we found our early season touch from the free throw line.

Early on, when I thought we might win eight ACC games, this was one of the eight. The way it looks now, we may have to avoid any upsets to win four games. You know, with just a wee bit of in-game coaching we could have been 2-0 coming in today, but instead, we are now 0-3 with a seven game stretch just ahead where we are reasonably certain of one win.

Wake was 8-8/0-3 before today, but they got that persistent five point lead mid-way through the first half and had an answer every time we cut it to two of three points. Then they pulled away at the end. Q's trey at the buzzer made the game appear closer than it felt in the final minutes.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
What is even more depressing, in a way, is that we were out-rebounded on both ends. And we found our early season touch from the free throw line.

Exactly, this game was a win if we rebounded like we have all season and hit our FT's like we did the past couple games.

That may have actually been one of our best games all year on offense, but we looked like a high school team on defense. Why can't we ever put it all together? :confused: