Wake Forest

ScGold

Banned
Some of both.
This may sound crazy, but im more disappointed in the bats than the pitching. They have seemed to reverted back to feasting on poor pitching and get owned by decent pitching. ugag is an outlier for i think their pitchers are overrated.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Way too many walks today, but I'm glad that we salvaged a game. I figured that we would be 4-2 after the first 2 weekends, so we're right where we need to be.

We need to figure out who the Saturday starter is (maybe Medich or Carwile??) and get more out of our veteran pitchers. Mannelly, Crawford, Bartnicki, Maxwell, and McNamee are all too talented to be pitching the way that they are. Here's hoping that they turn it on quickly and find a groove because they have all done it in the past.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ballsy comeback from an epoch loss yesterday with 14-5 win. Pitching shaky as **** with Wake leaving 15 on.

But a W is a W is a W.

We should stay in top 25 but are definitely tarnished. Opposing teams know to let us walk them ..... or hit them. 11 BB, 4 HBP and only 4 hits for Wake.
1647809083278.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Way too many walks today, but I'm glad that we salvaged a game. I figured that we would be 4-2 after the first 2 weekends, so we're right where we need to be.

We need to figure out who the Saturday starter is (maybe Medich or Carwile??) and get more out of our veteran pitchers. Mannelly, Crawford, Bartnicki, Maxwell, and McNamee are all too talented to be pitching the way that they are. Here's hoping that they turn it on quickly and find a groove because they have all done it in the past.

Wiley and Roddy thought Carwile moves to the weekend. I agree.

Grissom did good today. Not sure why he didn't go longer (only 67 pitches). Medich and Dawson good. Bart and Mannelly continued to be awful. Too bad since I like both of them a lot.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Wiley and Roddy thought Carwile moves to the weekend. I agree.

Grissom did good today. Not sure why he didn't go longer (only 67 pitches). Medich and Dawson good. Bart and Mannelly continued to be awful. Too bad since I like both of them a lot.
Medich got the job done, but I believe he was responsible for 5 of those walks and one HBP in 3 innings. Not exactly a sterling outing when you're given an 8 run lead to work with.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Medich got the job done, but I believe he was responsible for 5 of those walks and one HBP in 3 innings. Not exactly a sterling outing when you're given an 8 run lead to work with.
Yep, he was wild today, but he has been very good at finding the zone outside of this outing today, so I'm going to be believe that he was being pinched a little today (I could not watch the game today).