Wake Forest Postgame Discussion

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If the wake punt returner didn't catch harvins second half punt it could have rolled another 20 yards. That thing was 60 yards in the air.
The guy was up close like it's a punt from a regular punter. Harvi hit a lo set than normal punt that the back glad to catch like a pass.
In pre game his punts look like mortar shots - "
incoming"

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody else notice that the refs seemed to miss multiple false starts on Wake’s OL? Specifically one on Wake’s next to last drive.

Rewatching the game now. Jahaziel Lee had a false start on the first drive of the game, maybe our 4th or 5th play, on a toss to Qua. It was in almost the exact same spot as the one all our fans were booing about in the 4th quarter.

Block of the game goes to @flea77 's boy. On TaQuon's game-clincher watch our RT; that block on the Mike LB was the key to springing TaQuon.

GoldenTornado

Georgia Tech Fan
Rewatched the game when I got home.

Anyone else think that Saint-Amour would have had a good chance at recovering the bad snap fumble if he wasn't being held by his facemask?

I guess any Wake penalty there would have been half the distance to the goal, so it can't really cost Wake anything. So that makes it a heady play by the Wake player (throwing aside ethics, injury possibilities, etc.), since not doing it could easily result in a GT TD.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if Harvin could handle kickoff duties. This year looks a lot different with reliable place-kicking.

I did not see that second half coming and was glad I was around for it. Definitely think the game got chippy at the end, especially with Wake calling their timeouts.

Animal02

Banned
I wonder if Harvin could handle kickoff duties. This year looks a lot different with reliable place-kicking.

I did not see that second half coming and was glad I was around for it. Definitely think the game got chippy at the end, especially with Wake calling their timeouts.
Yes, there was stuff happening after the end of the game....saw staff hold back a couple of players during the hand shaking.

Kareem

Banned
Didn't get to see much of the first half but Jahaziel Lee played great in the second half. He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I saw him clearing the way on a lot of those looking runs.
You wouldn't have been impressed if you would have seen the first half

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok guys, I was relegated to watching from my cellphone but I saw Wake's coach losing his dang mind on the sideline after a play and I don't think the announcers said why and no one asked in the post game. I thought maybe he saw some extra curriculars from our guys after the whistle (couldn't think of anything else it could be), but didn't see anything.

Anybody know?

Jmonty71

Banned
Owned the 2nd half.

Taquon continues to amaze me, he's a bigtime athlete.

Wake was the best team we've played all year.
Wake is the best coached. However; Miami is for more athletic. VT is really good. Clemson and Ugag are still teams that are really good.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok guys, I was relegated to watching from my cellphone but I saw Wake's coach losing his dang mind on the sideline after a play and I don't think the announcers said why and no one asked in the post game. I thought maybe he saw some extra curriculars from our guys after the whistle (couldn't think of anything else it could be), but didn't see anything.

Anybody know?
It was after Corey's interception. No idea what he was freaking out about, but I do know that pass had a zero chance of a completion.