VT Postgame

This loss goes to Errin joe. Redic.

Was hoping they were the dumb -ucks at the end there. Nope. Our guy of course.
Actually Joe was doing what a good teammate does. As always, the retaliation gets the flag. Go easy on Errin Joe, had it not been him, someone else would have stepped up and found a way to lose. that is what this team is all about, losing football games.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually Joe was doing what a good teammate does. As always, the retaliation gets the flag. Go easy on Errin Joe, had it not been him, someone else would have stepped up and found a way to lose. that is what this team is all about, losing football games.

I'm not mad at him for the penalty, I have no problem taking up for the qb. I didn't see it happen live, I was too frustrated with the play call. But like you said, we would've found another way to lose. Based on the (lack of) urgency we showed on the last drive we most likely would've ran out of time before we did anything anyways. Butler has been good lately, but it's like we were just hoping he'd knock down a 50 harder or something.

What is frustrating is watching him fall on the ground play after play while 92 is tackling Justin or Allen for no gain or a loss. Whether it's just poor coaching or he just got whipped, that basically took away any chance of our O being successful last night with the way Paul was calling plays.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Rewatch the play later and you will see that VT's douchebag was refusing to quit hovering over JT so that JT could get up. Of course the refs always nail the 2nd guy but I don't blame Joe for shoving the guy. It's on the refs when they blow the play dead and scratch their asses instead of refereeing to allow the ball carrier to get up.

Lots of folks jumped all over the team because no player retaliated against UGA when Godhigh was body slammed. Joe defends JT, gets flagged and folks ***** and moan about it. Can't win...

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless PJ is teaching them to fumble every play, drop wide open passes, and get horrible personal foul penalties at the very worst possible time then im not sure how you can pin this one on him. The schemes and preparation on both sides of the ball looked fine. Our players are just head cases right now.
^^^^^^
This: "Our players are just head cases right now" was pretty evident last night

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just to tired and disappointed last night to post after the game and the drive back home...
- we had a "short" passing game... when given a chance to set up and pass.
- dropped pass by MA -argh!
- EJ... what were you thinking??!!!! more argh!
- WTH happened to the First quarter offense? i thnk we had 130 yards of Offense in the first quarter, then could on amass 128 more yards
- VT 2 turnovers , GT with 3... :(

Just been one of these :banghead:after :banghead:another :banghead:this year.:banghead::banghead:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
One of the worst games I have ever seen Georgia Tech play. .... The offensive line coaches need to be replaced and to think Virginia Tech tried really hard to give us this game. It is sad to see such an incompetent offense this late in the year.

I removed the reference to any specific player but the rest of this response is more than appropriate especially the part about the offense at this point in the year. If next year doesn't look much better I'm all for looking bad with an offense that looks more like what most of the rest of known football world runs outside of high schools and service academies. This is absolutely boring, pathetic, and embarrassing.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Glass half-full ... Our freshmen looked really good
Glass half-empty ... I hope CPJ opens up the QB competition next spring (that's as moderate as I can say what I really want to say)
One other thing ... am I the only one that see's a close comparison of last years BBall season to this years football season ??

Unk T

Georgia Tech Fan
lol...to say he breaks 1 or 2 if he has 16 carries is comical. You don't have any further clue to what he would have done than I do. I could say based on his average in tonight's game that he would have finished with 20 yards on 16 carries. Now that would be a true statement unlike the tales your trying to spin. IMO Allen is our best BB right now. AB's looked bad tonight. Willis played the toughest. Lynch got rocked on the pitch and never turned it up again. Snoddy...well no comment.

Lynch only had 3 touches on the night and his last touch was the play the he was rocked on. Willis did play well. Can't say much for Snoddy, MLD or TM. Hopefully, the playing time for MLD and TM pays off for next year.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ should apologize and give his check for this game back to GT. That was an enormous turd sandwich with extra time to prepare.

I'm a PJ supporter but it's time to seriously reevaluate how they are going things as a staff after this season.
I understand the feelings you have, but I think it's too early to start changing the staff. We've lost 2 WRs to the NFL and lots of seniors at key positions. It's a youth-laden team. I'd say after next year, if there's no marked improvement, then let's shake it up.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The most frustrating aspect of this (to me) is that we've lost five games by a combined 26 points (and Duke was essentially a six point loss, too). With any kind of competence of offense (we've no blown a 21 point lead and a 14 point lead this year), we could be 9-1 or 8-2. The defense has kept us in most games (Carolina and Clemson were not their best days), but oddly the offense has not pulled its weight.

Clearly there's a track record of success on offense, so I'm not someone who thinks we should change it up immediately. But it sure is frustrating to be 1-5 in one score games.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol...ok. I think we had 100 yards total offense after the first quarter

Two things:
1. I feel that you cannot exclude those first quarter yards to surpport your points. The first quarter is still part of the game that we played and we came out out with a good game plan and caught VT off gaurd.
2. You cant forget this is still a Bud Foster Defense that gives us fits every year. Those are some big dudes on that line and we were moving the ball pretty well. Besides 2 or 3 drives where they beat us, how many of our drives were cut short bc of self inflicted issues. I am counting 4 off the top of my head - 3 fumbles and 1 unsportsmanlike penalty. That is a lot of potential yards lost when we were moving the ball pretty well on those drives.

Based on those two observations and using the eye test, I feel we were not too bad on offense. Were we great? No, but I feel our offense was good enough to win last night. I am just dumbfounded what happened with ball security.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I understand the feelings you have, but I think it's too early to start changing the staff. We've lost 2 WRs to the NFL and lots of seniors at key positions. It's a youth-laden team. I'd say after next year, if there's no marked improvement, then let's shake it up.
The OL has been a disappointment more years than not. This isn't a 1 year thing.