VMI post game thread

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How about Maddox? Does this mean he's ahead of Carrie? Nice to let Jamal rest.

When Haynes took that late hit before halftime, I was thinking get him out of there.
I think they are two very different backs. I think Maddox is closer to what Dontae Smith was for us last year (the bruiser), while Carrie is closer to Jamal Haynes. So Maddux fills a gap that we were not utilizing. Cooley might also be in that role as well as Maddox but he also has been hurt.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Proud of the guys today. It’s been a while since we handled our business against an opponent that was outmatched. Lots of dust cleaned out and some fresh faces getting action. Hope the rest for our 1s pays off next weekend. No injuries that I could tell which is also nice. File it away and start prepping for what really matters next week against Louisville.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'll admit to being disappointed with our first possession. Afterwards, pretty much as expected.

Loved that Pyron, Philo, and Rhodes got to see action.
We played 9 running backs!
Harping and many other freshmen and some walk-ons got snaps too.

Blackburn with a TD.

Liked the "Oh my" (I think that was what they played when we hit a big play) 😄

Edited to the correct "Yeah Baby" !!
(Thanks to @HurricaneJacket for correcting my poor memory)

Last edited:

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll admit to being disappointed with our first possession. Afterwards, pretty much as expected.

Loved that Pyron, Philo, and Rhodes got to see action.
We played 9 running backs!
Harping and many other freshmen and some walk-ons got snaps too.

Blackburn with a TD.

Liked the "Oh my" (I think that was what they played when we hit a big play) 😄
They played "Yeah Baby" almost like it was Austin powers, but I thought it was the PA guy

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
Proud of the guys today. It’s been a while since we handled our business against an opponent that was outmatched. Lots of dust cleaned out and some fresh faces getting action. Hope the rest for our 1s pays off next weekend. No injuries that I could tell which is also nice. File it away and start prepping for what really matters next week against Louisville.
Agree wholeheartedly. And it was very respectful and showed good sportsmanship that the two head coaches agreed to play the two quarters after halftime at 10 minutes each, so I was told by a suite owner in the South end zone. As a military retiree, I have lots of respect for VMI, a 1,600 student military university with the sole purpose of producing military officers. Several of my friends are general officers who graduated from the Virginia Military Institute. By the way, your father Randy Rhino and I shared many meals at Miss Twiggs' training table in the early 1970's, along with the infamous Swarm member Deep Snap.